MFC-Edit Ver. 1.3 Released

Ensure that midi thru is "off". Seems counter intuitive but that was my showstopper.
I'm using Mavericks and the latest Fractal-Bot.

Midi thru is off, thanks.

Sun Jun 01 19:23:47 CDT 2014: Firmware ver: 3.3 Model: MK1/II
Sun Jun 01 19:23:47 CDT 2014: Invalid filesize 140897 for FW version 3.3

Ive tried the latest Fractal bot, and SysEx for the mac, and I get this message after updating MFC-Edit.
It refuses to load the downloaded file, but accepts the example file.

Whats going on? BTW I sent this info as well to bwanagary- thanks for being here!

There are only two valid sysex dump file sizes:

140897 for MK-I and MK-II and firmware versions up to and including 3.0
140915 for MK-III firmware 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3

If you have a file of any other size there was a problem with the transmission. When files refuse to load, go to the EXTRAS tab and press the "View Error Log" button. Look at that text for clues. Copy paste me that text and I'll take a look at it for you.

-Gary

P.S. Please email support questions to support@mfc-edit.com so as not to clutter up the Fractal Forum.
There's no MFC firmware 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, only 3.01, 3.03... Am i sounding like an accuracy nerd ? :p

(lol). Not at all. You are correct - FAS has only the 3.01, 3.02 etc. as you mention above, *but* the MFC-101 doesn't identify itself that way. The MFC-101 identifies itself as 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 etc. It is an (ahem) "undocumented feature". Its because the MFC-101 stores the FW version internally as two numbers - a Major Version and a Minor Version. Since they are both stored as Integers, the value "01" and "03" are "1" and "3" respectively. It threw me for a loop too. I don't think we should drown in a glass of water though - internal digital representation is very often different from the marketing literature :).

MFC-Edit: Windows - Norton/Symantec Endpoint Protection Approval

MONDAY JUNE 2nd UPDATE: From Symantec/Norton Endpoint

"Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and as such this detection will be removed from our products.

The updated detection will be distributed in the next set of virus definitions, available via LiveUpdate or from our website at Virus Definitions & Security Updates - Symantec Corp."

When you purchase MFC-Edit paypal sends me an email with your information. I then send your license key to you. You should have already received your license key.

Thanks for purchasing my program.
-Gary

When you purchase MFC-Edit paypal sends me an email with your information. I then send your license key to you. You should have already received your license key.

Thanks for purchasing my program.
-Gary

Yeah sorry! I removed my comment. I was impatient haha. Got it.

Hi Scented Meat, did we get this resolved for you?

Hey, sorry I've just been really busy and haven't had a chance to work on this (much less play guitar :( ). As soon as I have a chance, I'll check it out and report back. I appreciate your dedication, Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom