MFC-Edit for Mac and PC

I was kind of wondering this... I'm assuming you have to. I want to put it on my PC right now... but plan on switching to a MAC within 60 days or so for my new DAW setup and want to then use the MAC full time. Don't really want to buy the software twice, but since it's 2 machines it only makes sense that you would need to buy 2 licences. I mean... technically if you put it on 2 PC's you are supposed to buy 2 licences.

I was kind of wondering this... I'm assuming you have to. I want to put it on my PC right now... but plan on switching to a MAC within 60 days or so for my new DAW setup and want to then use the MAC full time. Don't really want to buy the software twice, but since it's 2 machines it only makes sense that you would need to buy 2 licences. I mean... technically if you put it on 2 PC's you are supposed to buy 2 licences.

If you run MFC-Edit on two machines with two distinct operating systems you'll have to purchase a license for each. If you upgrade from Windows to Mac or vice-versa you can contact Fractal Audio System support and see if they'll change your license. The license key is OS-specirfic - it isn't portable between Operating Systems.

If you run MFC-Edit on two machines with two distinct operating systems you'll have to purchase a license for each. If you upgrade from Windows to Mac or vice-versa you can contact Fractal Audio System support and see if they'll change your license. The license key is OS-specirfic - it isn't portable between Operating Systems.

Really? That stinks? Nowhere on the shop.fractalaudio.com page does it spell this out. And in fact, it even implies the opposite. Every other single piece of music related software I own allows me to run on my big mac @ home and my tiny windows netbook @ a gig with a single user license?!?

Back
Top Bottom