MFC-Edit 4.0 is here!

bwanagary

Administrator
Thanks for all the great encouragement and support all you forum members provide. As time passes I get ideas from the forum on features that would make the program easier to use. I also learn more about which things about the MFC-101 are most frustrating, bothersome and generate the greatest number of support requests. These are the elements that drive changes and additions to the program - to make it ever more useful to the user while reducing the aggravation level.

Here are some of the things to look for in this new release:

• Release notes (accessible from the Help menu)
  • Owner's Manual (accessible from the Help menu)
  • New "Edit" menu added to the main MFC-Edit menu. Contents change depending on the current Page in MFC-Edit
  • New "Wizards" menu added to the main MFC-Edit menu
    • Expression Pedals Wizard (simplifies adding a Wahwah or Volume pedal)
    • Bank Style Wizard
    • ... more to come as needed
  • New row-selection on IA SWITCHES and SONGS pages
  • IA SWITCHES page power tools (Copy, Paste etc.)
  • Drag and Drop SONGs within and between SETS on the SETS page
  • More Tooltips
  • New Help options off the Help menu
  • Additions to the Tools menu (CC Popup list)
  • ... Lots of other subtle UI changes to improve usability
I hope that you enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed making it.
-G

Last edited:
Well done Gary! The update was perfect (even with a non-standard mfc-101 home folder) :)

So, I'm wondering why when I fire up the MFC Edit app (on OSX), it keeps asking to download repetitively...and never actually updates my registered copy...Any ideas?

Probably. Chances are its either a very old version of MFC-Edit which indeed had a bug with the update on Mac OS X or a release earlier than 3.7 and the mfc-user-home folder (/Users/{your_name}/Documents by default) has been changed to something different and that new mfc-home-folder has a space character in the pathname. It only affects the Mac version but it was a bug that another forum member discovered and helped me debug (thanks Wilfred!). It's fixed in 3.7 and the current release. I'll PM you how to fix that so watch for my message.
-G

Reactions: wga
I went to listen to Dweezil do his "Zappa plays Zappa" show on Saturday. Great show. He had some of his new compositions on his laptop that he played for some peeps before the show and for the first time I heard him play a fretless guitar through the Axe-Fx. Fell in love all over again. Beautiful and unique sound - great, great presets!

Back
Top Bottom