MFC dump through AxeFXII MIDI adapter question

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
Is this working for anyone else? I can do a dump using my old m-Audio MidiSPORT, but I've used both 5 and 7 pin cables, plugged power directly into the MFC (no phantom power) and made sure to enable the USB adapter and disable realtime sysex.....FractalBot reports it as being received, but it is definitely corrupt. I get file sizes of 67kb where it should be 138kb.

Using the latest firmware, drivers, FractalBot, firmware for both AxeFXII and MFC. Does the same thing in MIDI-OX.

Surely I can't be this stupid.

One thing that I did notice was that the driver control panel says 1.67 and not 1.68 and in my Add/Remove Programs it shows that I have both 1.67 and 1.68 installed. I uninstalled both and reinstalled 1.68 from FAS and it came up exactly the same.

And in case it matters, both devices are MKI.

Are you on a Mac? I noted early on that when I used external controllers (Mission) on the MFC-101, that the correct data wasn't being transmitted to the Mac. I believe Fractal stated that this was a Mac problem at the time. I haven't tried it again since updating to Mavericks 10.9.2 though.

As a related aside, I have always wondered why you can't update a MFC-101 via the Axe-FX II's MIDI connection, and have the data forwarded down to the MFC-101...

Nope, on Win7 64bit.

Yeah, seems a bit odd that they don't play nice together. Then again there are a lot of MIDI adapters out there than just don't like the AxeFX stuff because of the long data transfers.

Shot you PM since saw that before this with how I was dumping on 5pin midi cable. Are you plugging AxeFx directly to USB port on PC? USB hubs could result in issues also try another USB port if possible. Since you have tried multiple midi cables, you could try another USB cable. If still no dice, uninstall and reinstall the Fractal drivers. Final resort you can wipe all usb drivers from machine, reboot, and let windows reinstall them.

Edit - nevermind on FAS drivers, see you already did that!

Got your PM, thanks.

Yeah, multiple cables, already reinstalled the drivers once (although it still shows both versions being installed which is odd). USB is directly connected to the PC and the only thing left is the other USB cable.

Can anyone confirm whether both sets of drivers show up in their Add/Remove programs? That could be the problem....I am hoping. The systray app states that it's 1.67 as well.

AxeFX-Driver-Version2_zps6901a678.jpg

AxeFX-Driver-Version_zpsbb24af59.jpg

Yeah, that is normal... mine shows that too. Also right clicking on the fractal usb audio class driver and selecting info->about shows 1.67.0

Back
Top Bottom