MFC controlling other devices.

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
If I run a Cat5 cable to my AxeII do midi events from the controller be sent from the AxeII?
I'd love to hook up the midi out of the II into my Metric Halo stuff and be able to control it with the MFC101.

Last edited:
I haven't tried it, but if you turn on MIDI thru (I/O, MIDI tab) and connect AXE-II MIDI OUT to [device] MIDI IN.. it should pass the midi thru. However, the target [device] would need to be on same MIDI CH as Axe-II to respond.

CAVEAT: I have not tried programming MFC to send MIDI on multiple channels - don't know if it can. But the user manual and the wiki are your friend!

Spent some time to RTFM and found out that the MFC doesn't transmit any note on or off info. Kind of takes my idea off the drawing board.

I'm currently using a yamaha digital mixer for my live show. I was hoping to lose the board and mix with the Metric Halo MIO mixing console. I can do it now, but I was hoping to be able to control vox fx on the MIO via the MFC. Back to plan A.

Spent some time to RTFM and found out that the MFC doesn't transmit any note on or off info. Kind of takes my idea off the drawing board.

I'm currently using a yamaha digital mixer for my live show. I was hoping to lose the board and mix with the Metric Halo MIO mixing console. I can do it now, but I was hoping to be able to control vox fx on the MIO via the MFC. Back to plan A.

From the manual: (16 bytes of freeform midi commands looks interesting!)

5.2 General Use IA Switches
Instant Access Switches with their Axe-Fx functions set to “NONE” (or all IA switches when Axe-Fx mode is OFF)
offer a set of powerful general use MIDI commands. These General Use IA Switches can send the following types
of MIDI instructions when turned ON:
 Up to 2 different MIDI Control Change messages with custom values (0–127).
 Any one MIDI program change command on any channel.
 Up to 16 bytes of freeform hexadecimal MIDI commands.
The OFF state can send:
 The custom OFF values (0–127) for any CC#s sent by the ON action.
 Any one MIDI program change command on any channel.
 Another 16 bytes of freeform hexadecimal MIDI commands.

Back
Top Bottom