MFC + Axe II + MIDI Cable? Or: Compatibility with AxeLine?

mDaniel

Inspired
Hey guys,

does anybody know, if it is possible to use the MFC and the Axe II with a MIDI Cable, instead of the Ethernet cable?
I'm just asking because I want to know, if the Axe II will work with the Axeline, me and Heiko created (Axeline Tutorial 1 - connect Line6 FBV and Axe FX - YouTube).
We only could test with the Axe 1, which has a bidirectional MIDI In Jack (it also sends MIDI Out data on the 2 unused pins) - anyone knows, if the Axe 2 will do this, too?

Regards Daniel

The Axe-FX II can send and receive MIDI messages, whether they travel on the USB port or on the MIDI ports. The manual gives the details.

Hm... I checked the manual but only could find "MFC + Ethernet Cable" stuff.
I know that it will work with MIDI In and MIDI Out... but the Axe 1 also sent MIDI Out via the MIDI In Connector. So bidirectional communication via one MIDI Cable (to receive Presetnames, Tuner, Effect State etc.) was possible. I don't think the manual gives and hints on that?

The MIDI In port is bidirectional. See the diagram on Page 182 of the PDF version of the manual.

Thank you... "epic fail" for me :D Just saw "Warranty" and though there won't be any useful stuff after that :D

Not epic at all. You do have to chase it to the bitter end to find it in the manual; that page doesn't exist at all in the hardcopy.

@mDaniel - any update on your ability to make the Axeline work with a II? I see on your Youtube comments that you say you are planning to have some construction kits available. I would be very interested to purchase one of these when available.

AxeLine...I would buy one to covnert my FBV Express pedal to use with AFX2. I would definetly buy these `kits`and love building my own Midi converter or whatever. DO IT.

Hi Guys,
Would like to score a kit or box called ""Axeline""
To link up my Axe Fx2 with a line-6 fl-board
Please info - advise
Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom