MFC and silent physical switches

For what I need to do. That is just to switch a few patches and use the looper. Would this work with the AX?

Overview

Man.. it would be dead silent and light. If so.. I will sell the MFC immediately for a great price!

Hey gtrjunkie.. are you talking about the Line 6 FBV-Express MKII Foot Controller? I'm a acoustic artist that needs silence at my feet and would defiantly consider switching over to this. All I need is to switch a few patches and use the looper function and that's it. Can't seem to justify the $ spent on the MFC when this is all I use it for. Plus.. the switches are very noisy. Thanks for any advice!
Which functions are you using in the looper? If you can keep it down to 5 switches, the FCB1010 would be all you need. Dead silent switching.

Which functions are you using in the looper? If you can keep it down to 5 switches, the FCB1010 would be all you need. Dead silent switching.

Thanx Dutch.. I heard about the FCB1010 but thought it was a out dated dinosaur. Wouldn't something like the Softstep be easier to program?

Here are pics of my switches.
101_0841_zps481335ff.jpg

101_0840_zpsdcb0ac66.jpg

Yes, I can push them with my finger and barely hear a click. They are not at all loud like the effect pedal switches on most pedals I've had.

This was also my experience. I have only used the Mrkll so I cannot attest for any differences but I was actually pleasantly surprised by how quiet and easy to press by hand the MFC's switches were. True, they are not FET silent but, for me, I kind of like a bit of reassuring tactile clicky feel.

This was also my experience. I have only used the Mrkll so I cannot attest for any differences but I was actually pleasantly surprised by how quiet and easy to press by hand the MFC's switches were. True, they are not FET silent but, for me, I kind of like a bit of reassuring tactile clicky feel.

Yea these cant be the same switches as the ones other users are trying rubber clamps on and stuffing foam in their units to kill the "clambering effect". There is just enough click to know when it clicked. Press them slow enough and I've noticed no click at all sometimes.

Jeff at FAMC music has given me permission to spill his most excellent news: the next crop of Liquid Foot+ pedals will have new, custom-designed (by Jeff, the man is an animal, and a genius), SILENT SWITCHES! He heard us, and, as usual, jumped to the challenge. This is critical for me since I work with so many acoustic musicians and the clack-clack of my old LF Pro is quite intrusive on the recordings.

I am SO PSYCHED!!! :D:D:D

P.S. I DO NOT find the 'mushroom heads' on the Line 6 pedals to be quiet at all! My band mate uses their stuff and his clicks and clacks are also quite audible on recordings. Sure, if you're only doing loud pop, rock, metal etc., it's negligable, but anything ambient, sparse, acoustic, modern-classical; those switches are also way too noisy to be useable.

That's very cool. Besides the Softstep, the Pedalpro/pedalino has soft switches for use with its effects rack. It now has MIDI through so you can control the Axe also.

Vintage Revolution | Guitar analogue effects | The analogue revolution draws near

Jeff at FAMC music has given me permission to spill his most excellent news: the next crop of Liquid Foot+ pedals will have new, custom-designed (by Jeff, the man is an animal, and a genius), SILENT SWITCHES! He heard us, and, as usual, jumped to the challenge. This is critical for me since I work with so many acoustic musicians and the clack-clack of my old LF Pro is quite intrusive on the recordings.

I am SO PSYCHED!!! :D:D:D

P.S. I DO NOT find the 'mushroom heads' on the Line 6 pedals to be quiet at all! My band mate uses their stuff and his clicks and clacks are also quite audible on recordings. Sure, if you're only doing loud pop, rock, metal etc., it's negligable, but anything ambient, sparse, acoustic, modern-classical; those switches are also way too noisy to be useable.

Back
Top Bottom