MFC and silent physical switches

I was considering an MFC but this "issue" made me skip it. There are wonderful switches out there (like on the All Access) so I don't understand the choice of those stubborn, clicky ones.

The sound is much worse if you click them by hand and you're nearer to it.
In the end, it surprises me how tolerable it is when using normally, but I do also like the feel of the All Access buttons a lot more. I feel the way they feel and switch provides me with more confidence in the switching and that they will last. The MFC type buttons always sounds to me like it is failing or could fail / miss at any moment.

The MFC type buttons always sounds to me like it is failing or could fail / miss at any moment.
Speaking of the devil... I finally started using the MFC and turns out the button for Flanger never worked in the first place... :(
At least I can send both Axe & MFC back in one go now :mrgreen:mrgreen

The sound is much worse if you click them by hand and you're nearer to it.
In the end, it surprises me how tolerable it is when using normally, but I do also like the feel of the All Access buttons a lot more. I feel the way they feel and switch provides me with more confidence in the switching and that they will last. The MFC type buttons always sounds to me like it is failing or could fail / miss at any moment.

I've used the MFC, though I am a Liquid Foot user now. If you're doing metal onstage, ain't a big thing. If you record with acoustic musicians, either of these boards is a BIG problem. 'clack clack clack' on all the recordings. Why oh why can't they use FETs?

The switches on the "+" series from FAMC are very quiet and very easy to push-even with your hands.

I had an LF 12+ and found the switches WAY too noisy (that said, I'm still buying the Pro+, 'cause I need the features). Try a silent FET switch - no comparison.

I have this problem as an acoustic performer with the clacking of the foot switches. I would like to try the foam inside the unit (chamber) option because when I press my knee down on the unit to stop any extra vibration/chamber resonance it does help significantly. I just need to know that it is safe to put the foam in there. Would not want to fry anything. But need a quick solution because when I'm plucking a romantic ballad and clacking.. it kills the mood! :shock

I REALLY need (yes need) an MFC with silent switches. Theatre gigs are a no go as loud as it is. I'll have to get an FCB or some other silent pedal board and lose many features.

Even the rocktron switches are better, but truly silent would be killer.

Well.. I just put 4 small rubber c-clamps on the outside of the mfc. 1 on each corner tightened pretty snug to eliminate the chamber noise. I also took some drum cymbol felt things (black) and cut them to fit over the switches to muffle some more. Now.. I'm thinkin about some foam on the inside to complete my clack eliminating Frankenstein pedal board!..lol

Is this really necessary?

Hey gtrjunkie.. are you talking about the Line 6 FBV-Express MKII Foot Controller? I'm a acoustic artist that needs silence at my feet and would defiantly consider switching over to this. All I need is to switch a few patches and use the looper function and that's it. Can't seem to justify the $ spent on the MFC when this is all I use it for. Plus.. the switches are very noisy. Thanks for any advice!

Hey gtrjunkie.. are you talking about the Line 6 FBV-Express MKII Foot Controller? I'm a acoustic artist that needs silence at my feet and would defiantly consider switching over to this. All I need is to switch a few patches and use the looper function and that's it. Can't seem to justify the $ spent on the MFC when this is all I use it for. Plus.. the switches are very noisy. Thanks for any advice!

No, I'm talking about the MFC Mark 2. These can't possibly be the same switches as the loud ones you guys are describing. These feel really close to the GC Pro switches from what I can remember when I had one.

Back
Top Bottom