MFC-101-W (Wide)

bwanagary

Administrator
I have BIG feet - I don't fall over often. However, they are a hindrance when using the MFC-101 live and performing multiple guitar parts at the same time. Tap-dancing on the switches is less than precise enough for a flawless performance. I always wished for an MFC-101-W (Wide) but since it isn't going to happen I took path of least resistance. A few plastic stoppers from my local Ace Hardware ($0.49c) store to stop any dirt from getting into the casing and about 15 minutes of labor and - voila! My MFC-101-W was born. I just programmed my switches, bank size, scenes and "first-preset-switch" sensibly and I'm good to go.
MFC-101-W.jpg
Since this is such a non-intrusive mod, I can reverse it to standard "stock" condition with another 15 minutes labor.

P.S. of course, the caveat is that you must have an editor to configure the MFC-101 with some of the important switches missing :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Necessity is the mother of invention!

I was just posting on another thread about a small midi controller relative to the closeness of buttons... I don't have too much issue with the MFC, but I do wonder about guys with bigger feet, or that wear boots. :cool:

Interesting. I had a similar problem with an artist rig and we solved it by just making adjacent switches do the same thing -- so if he miss-hit he got the same message sent.

This looks cooler.

I always wondered why Oz Noy is using pointy sports shoes at gigs but when I started doing quick effect on/off runs on my pedalboard I realized why so now I take to gigs shoes that operate easily with controllers and pedals. Anyway, the ideas above are great.

Hi, it looks to me like you took the switches out? What I did to keep from pressing a switch unintentionally (the Edit button) was to take the plastic cap off an empty bottle, drill a hole in the center a little smaller than the diameter of the threaded part of the switch, invert the cap, and screw it down on the shaft threads. I can reach in and push the button when needed, but stepping on it won't activate it.

M@ told me that they were talking about designing one for Petrucci...I guess since they didn't he went with the MasterMind...

Don't remember where I saw it here but there was a FAS user who build a new housing for the MFC and made it bigger, much bigger.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom