Mfc-101 vs. little giant 2.

Jofipe

Any thoughts on these two?

What are the feature differences?
Essentially I don't need all the preset buttons on the mfc. But I play in various different bands and need allot of different setup.. "banks?"

I like the size and looks of the LG2 compared to the Mfc, But you can't change it on the fly.

If you want something that communicates directly with the Axe-Fx, then the MFC is the way to go. If you want the ultimate flexible pedal then, the LG is the one. 1000 presets, 1000 banks, 1000 songs.... At least that is. Since the memory is dynamically allocated, you can have more than 1000 presets. Plus there's nothing that even comes close as far as programming options is concerned. Or do you know of another pedal that can use "If...Then...Else" statements?

LG2: you can store as many "banklist" as needed, and filter only the one you use. A bank list contain a set of bank. You can reuse the same bank, or have complete different bank in each banklist.
I store one banklist for each band, plus a generic banklist. Use them as needed, with different setup.

LG2: you can store as many "banklist" as needed, and filter only the one you use. A bank list contain a set of bank. You can reuse the same bank, or have complete different bank in each banklist.
I store one banklist for each band, plus a generic banklist. Use them as needed, with different setup.

I read the manuals for both units in detail before choosing the LG2. The *huge* memory and the fact that any switch can send a practically unlimited number of commands is what sold me. The LG2 also has unique features such as programmable automatic cc sweeps, message delays, the ability to draw your own expression pedal curves, macros, the ability to send sysex sweeps with an expression pedal, etc. Definitely overkill for many users though.

Back
Top Bottom