MFC-101 Videos

solo-act said:
For scrolling, how many seconds does it take from start to finish if the song is far away from your current preset?

The LittleGiant has a digital scroll wheel which allows running through your setlist very fast, if you want to "bend over"... I tested is to be sure: I can scroll through a full 50 song setlist in 4 seconds. Doing it with your feet takes longer: the up/down buttons have an autorepeat of about 250 ms, so if you keep the button pressed you scroll through the list at about 4 songs per seconds.

The LittleGiant has a digital scroll wheel which allows running through your setlist very fast, if you want to "bend over"... I tested is to be sure: I can scroll through a full 50 song setlist in 4 seconds. Doing it with your feet takes longer: the up/down buttons have an autorepeat of about 250 ms, so if you keep the button pressed you scroll through the list at about 4 songs per seconds.
Yep, but I've always managed with the up/down buttons.
4 presets per second and if you're in the middle of a 30 song set it would take 5 seconds to scroll to the furthest song.
Either would work plus the Gordius has a keypad feature ;-)

Zer0th said:
Here's a crazy idea that might help solo... if it weren't a crazy idea: press and hold a designated footswitch, axe mutes output and looks for guitar input, converting the input pitch to a patch number via a (let's say) 40 entry map. Pitch to patch.

Wow. I like the cut of your jib, sailor!

BF3

MisterE said:
A keypad would be faster but then you'd have to know every song's first preset by heart.

Like the Karaoke books, eh? Just have a cheat sheet.

But that isn't my trios scene, so...we roll it to order, on the fly, every song and performrance is different. Flexibility with constraints is part of the tension that makes our music.

But for covers, you bet.

BF3

[edit] Like solo dood said [/edit]

ossandust said:
solo-act said:
For scrolling, how many seconds does it take from start to finish if the song is far away from your current preset?

I'm confused. I've seen those infomercials for the Little Giant ladders and I swear they never mentioned a scroll wheel of any kind. ...and why would you use a ladder to play guitar in the first place?

So what we've confirmed here are that there are at least a dozen or so different ways folks like to organize things with their foot controllers. Nobody is right or wrong here.

I think I use the Axe-FX much more like a traditional rig than most here. I have 4 basic presets: clean, slight crunch, much crunch, heavy. Each patch has a solo-boost, overdrive, modulation, and delay. So I have 4 patches I use all the time with 4 IA switches. So it's like a 4-channel amp switch and 4 stomp boxes in a traditional rig. That handles over 90% of the songs my band plays (mostly covers). I have 3 slightly esoteric patches for specific tunes and one patch for the rare gigs that I bring an acoustic along.

I'm using an FX-1 right now but it's overkill for what I do these days. I'm seriously considering a Liquid Foot Jr. or Gordius Little Giant to save on space and compacting always helps simplify setup/teardown. The MFC-101 is certainly a consideration as well.

:D It's great to see it in action. I hope that this thread isn't simply going to be just the next milestone/marker for 8+ more months where we'll wonder if or when it's going to be manufactured for public consumption?

A little Dissapointed

After waiting this long Im actually a little disaapointed with the proto type.

I am sure the insides and functionality will be second to none. Cliff has a good insight to how things should function and work.

BUT the size? It looks smaller and more crammed (the buttons) than the GCP. Looks like it stepped which may help but damm, why these tiny controllers. I guess he is going for the wedding/club gigger that is worried about putting in a rack drawer or suitcase.

I personally need something large with widly spaced buttons. The GCP has a good side to side spacing but you have to point your tow to push the second row. When Im gigging I can't be thinking about trying to hit the button with my toe, it all about the stage show and crowd interaction. I need to be able to hit the button without pinpoint accuracy and not hit an adjacent button.

Im sure there are allot of pros out there that feel the same.

Wonder if Cliff would build another custom one off model. Does not have to be graphically pretty and it can cost double, just as long as it has the same insides and wide spacing.

Re: A little Dissapointed

Slate said:
After waiting this long Im actually a little disaapointed with the proto type.

I am sure the insides and functionality will be second to none. Cliff has a good insight to how things should function and work.

BUT the size? It looks smaller and more crammed (the buttons) than the GCP. Looks like it stepped which may help but damm, why these tiny controllers. I guess he is going for the wedding/club gigger that is worried about putting in a rack drawer or suitcase.

I personally need something large with widly spaced buttons. The GCP has a good side to side spacing but you have to point your tow to push the second row. When Im gigging I can't be thinking about trying to hit the button with my toe, it all about the stage show and crowd interaction. I need to be able to hit the button without pinpoint accuracy and not hit an adjacent button.

Im sure there are allot of pros out there that feel the same.

Wonder if Cliff would build another custom one off model. Does not have to be graphically pretty and it can cost double, just as long as it has the same insides and wide spacing.

Sounds like you want a Liquid Foot Pro!

At this point, I can't believe anyone is surprised by the size.
The size of this pedal has been widely known for over a year.

He said it was 16" wide....which is smaller than the GC Pro.
It has more switches than the GC Pro.

Given those two bits, the switches have to be closer together.

It's the exact same size as a Rocktron All Access.

Re: A little Dissapointed

Slate said:
BUT the size? It looks smaller and more crammed (the buttons) than the GCP.

The dimensions have been known a long time, but for the visually inclined, what size are the shoes in these videos?

Back
Top Bottom