MFC 101 update ?

I would also like to voice my gratitude for an official comment from the man. Thanks! I look very forward to buying the pedalboard. I am ready (credit card in hand)!!

Muris_Varajic said:
I think it's rather well centered, well, if you take a look at the screws positions.
There is more space between the screws and the display on the left than on the right. If this had been correct (plate more to the right), the space on the left of the plate would have been nicer as well, to agree with above and below.

I know it's not always as simple as that, but I think it probably could have been done in more ways than one here...

OTOH, it's a nice balance if you look at the relation with 3 buttons below, it seems centered above those.

And maybe there's some lense distortion involved... Anyway, no biggie if the rest of it rocks :cool:

I don't understand the way expression pedals are plugged (wha type). Is it one cable for pot and the other for on/off switch ? Isn't it possible to do that with only one TSR input ?

gounzy said:
I don't understand the way expression pedals are plugged (wha type). Is it one cable for pot and the other for on/off switch ? Isn't it possible to do that with only one TSR input ?

If it's like connecting it to the AxeFx and other controllers, you use just one standard instrument cable.

gounzy said:

It looks like they have two Mission SP1 expression pedals hooked up (http://www.mission-engineering.com/Miss ... ducts.html).

A TSR to the expression port, and a standard cable to the foot switch port for each pedal.

The TSR will only carry the expression signal, and the On/Off toe switch signal is sent by the other cable.

tgunn said:
There have been some talks on whether or not the mfc should feature an integrated expression pedal. The majority seem to be of the opinion that an integrated one is not needed. You can (I think) use a cheap volume pedal if you want. From the onset the MFC was designed to not feature an integrated expression pedal.
As for pricing, I think it's not going to be in the $399 range. It's likely going to be closer to $600. I wouldn't compare this pedal to the GCP class of pedals but rather the Gordius and Liquid Foot class of midi pedals, which are a bit more expensive (as in 50% more), more flexible and last but not least, harder to get! :)
While I agree that an integrated expression pedal is not "needed" - as the guy who spends 2 hours before the gig setting up the PA and lights for the band - I'm selfishly looking at it from an equipment perspective. It's more cables, more pieces-part to have to carry to a gig and setup/tear-down. I'm all about K.I.S.S. [Keep It Simple Stupid] when it comes to equipment -which is one reason I love the Axe-Fx and all that's housed in one little box.
As far as price, yeah.. I really DO expect it to be in the Gordius/LFP range.. which IMHO is a little steep for a midi foot controller.. but then I'm not a pro musician like some of our esteemed user community. Pedal looks great, lotsa swtiches and I'm sure lotsa flexibility, but even a single integrated expr pedal REALLY would have been nice.

I for one am really glad that it doesn't have an expression pedal built in. Everybody has different preferences. I love being able to use my EBjr. as a volume controller and mission pedals to modify effect parameters. I also really like being able to space them where I want, or angle them.

I did not always have this opinion, but after using the Gordius with the above pedals, I'm really liking this much much better than the built in expression pedal that was on my X3Live. Sure, it is more expensive and complicated than the X3Live, but it is less expensive and less complicated than a full bore pedal board, rack effects system, with multiple tube amps. It probably just depends on which end of the spectrum you are coming from. I have had a no amp setup for years due to the environment in which I most frequently play.

The Axe-Fx with controllers etc. is more hassle to set up than my old rig, but sounds much better, easier to edit, and much more flexible. Plus when I get my Atomic Reactor, I will have a "real amp" for events where that is a requirement. I have no regrets.

-J

I think it looks great. I could care less about the bezel - and I don't want an integrated expression pedal. It is my understanding the MFC wil fit into a 19" rack space - or hopefuly onto a slide out drawer. For this kind of functionality and flexibility I'll use my own (favorite) pedal(s)....

The Axe isn't winning any beauty contests either, but it kicks everything else's ass - at the end of the day, that's what I want..
...I expect nothing less from these guys..

It better be the right LED color though! :lol:

Looks like all the fun is in time for the summer NAMM next week. :eek: :idea:

Nashville Convention Center
601 Commerce Street
Nashville, TN 37203

Friday, June 18 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday, June 19 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Sunday, June 20 10 a.m.-4 p.m

Very excited as to the combination of Version 10.0 and the MFC-101 release. Are the factory presets updated for immediate foot access via expression 1 and 2 inputs?

Yes, the MFC-101 looks Great !! need NOW !!... just bought 2 Boss FV500L's that don't work correctly through my MIDI Mitigator, but work fine directly in the back of the Axe FX... C'mon Cliff !! ( insert clapping emoticon here...)

TylerDurden said:
The Axe isn't winning any beauty contests either, but it kicks everything else's ass - at the end of the day, that's what I want..
...I expect nothing less from these guys..

I've heard a few people say this. But honestly, I really like the cosmetic quality of the Axe Fx...am I alone on this one?

Back
Top Bottom