MFC 101 update ?

I LIKE the blue LCD screen... I have no real opinion on the bezel around it, but I don't think it looks bad. I can feel the building motivation to sell my (pretty much brand new) GCP!

Knew someone out there would have grabbed a pic! Thx.

I'm surprised to see blue too. Maybe that's the same prototype box from last year (dressed up with the bezel) or maybe they caved in to popular demand and will offer the blue option. I still think the black text on greenish-yellow is easier to read and color-coordinates better with the Axe and the LEDs on the switches.

I'm guessing the bezel gives a protective / structural benefit, not purely cosmetic. In the old prototype MFC pics the display looked like it was mounted similar to the Axe LCD, not something you'd want to stomp on with your foot accidentally.

That comment worries me, because I have a EHX2880 looper that's MIDI controlled, and a GRX4 that's MIDI controlled...

I'll need a way to program them alongside the Axe presets!

I think he's referring to axe fx mode.... Hopefully it will be "automatic" in the same way that the gordius is, as you have the ability to assign CC parameters and it grabs the information per patch, so after the commands are assigned it becomes plug in play in the sense that all data on a patch by patch basis is sent through the axe. Also, unless im seeing it wrong, there is only one midi cable plugged into the the mfc meaning two way communication will be possible with one cable.

P.S. I'm a big fan of the metal chasis, and it's good to see multi colored led's showing whether the block is available alon with its state.

Great work now give me a price and date and I'll give you a check

DC23 said:
Found this on a forum (musicplayers.com) from someone who saw the MFC-101 at the amp show in NY this weekend. I hope it's ok to post it. Looks wicked!!!!! :mrgreen:

FractalMFC-101_controller.jpg

i think blue LED on the switches would look better..at least for the preset switches. it looks great nonetheless(if it's real). and i'm liking the stainless bezel on the display.

BLUE LCD !!!! OH HECK Yes !!!! LOVE it !!
I kinda like the idea of the Blue LED's for presets like on the LiquidFoot Pro, but LOVE the BLUE LCD on this one !! ( but kinda the opposite of the Blue LCD I was imagining... the Blue LCD on my Lake Butler MIDI Mitigator is dark, and the actual lettering is bright Blue... this one looks like dark lettering, and Blue "background' ? )
LBmitigator.jpg

024.jpg

SCHINNNNNGGGG !!
Also, looks a little smaller than I imagined... like the smaller footprint too... just bought 2 Boss FV500L's in anticipation... GREAT... now the SONG is stuck in my head !!.... "Anticipation is making me wait..."

hmm,
I would have expected to see at least one integrated expression pedal.. given that I expect the MFC101 to be in the $399+ range. If not, the only advantage is the Axe integration.. and I'm still going to have to program the additional expr pedals, and buy them too :(

s0c9 said:
hmm,
I would have expected to see at least one integrated expression pedal.. given that I expect the MFC101 to be in the $399+ range. If not, the only advantage is the Axe integration.. and I'm still going to have to program the additional expr pedals, and buy them too :(
There have been some talks on whether or not the mfc should feature an integrated expression pedal. The majority seem to be of the opinion that an integrated one is not needed. You can (I think) use a cheap volume pedal if you want. From the onset the MFC was designed to not feature an integrated expression pedal.
As for pricing, I think it's not going to be in the $399 range. It's likely going to be closer to $600. I wouldn't compare this pedal to the GCP class of pedals but rather the Gordius and Liquid Foot class of midi pedals, which are a bit more expensive (as in 50% more), more flexible and last but not least, harder to get! :)

I had one of these Midigators 24 years ago...it was awesome...I controlled my whole rig with it...including my midi guitar stuff (synths). I love it...but dont remember what I did with it.

I just got a flashback...

g

flyingfadr said:
BLUE LCD !!!! OH HECK Yes !!!! LOVE it !!
I kinda like the idea of the Blue LED's for presets like on the LiquidFoot Pro, but LOVE the BLUE LCD on this one !! ( but kinda the opposite of the Blue LCD I was imagining... the Blue LCD on my Lake Butler MIDI Mitigator is dark, and the actual lettering is bright Blue... this one looks like dark lettering, and Blue "background' ? )
LBmitigator.jpg

024.jpg

SCHINNNNNGGGG !!
Also, looks a little smaller than I imagined... like the smaller footprint too... just bought 2 Boss FV500L's in anticipation... GREAT... now the SONG is stuck in my head !!.... "Anticipation is making me wait..."

Hi Galo,

I still have mine... still use... LOVE the large BLUE display... incredibly easy to program, but doesn't have the IA's that I'd like to have for tuner, FX on and off, etc... plus, i REALLY want the tuner in the display of the Footswitch...

Now if we can get the ability to control the KEY of the Intelligent Harmonizer via MIDI...

I'm amazed how Cliff seems to come through on a little bit of everything for everybody... AWESOME !!

I loved that pedal brother.

Anyway I have nothing but the highest respect for Cliff.
To be honest I'm getting the MFC whether is blue, green or (dont care as long as I can get one)...I really like the size and the amount of controllers you can add to it...If it is around $600 is a deal ...I will also not complain for the wait...I need a pedal that works...and I'm sure the delays are because of debugging and probably getting parts...I know some of that side of the business, the waiting for some parts are insane.

Meanwhile I got a temporary pedal till I get the MFC.
Galo

flyingfadr said:
Hi Galo,

I still have mine... still use... LOVE the large BLUE display... incredibly easy to program, but doesn't have the IA's that I'd like to have for tuner, FX on and off, etc... plus, i REALLY want the tuner in the display of the Footswitch...

Now if we can get the ability to control the KEY of the Intelligent Harmonizer via MIDI...

I'm amazed how Cliff seems to come through on a little bit of everything for everybody... AWESOME !!

Muris_Varajic said:
As someone said in some other thread,
releasing a manual for the unit in advance would be brilliant!

I can't take credit for much on this board, so whan I can I will. :D

m lebofsky said:
[quote="Muris_Varajic":34mgusgp]As someone said in some other thread,
releasing a manual for the unit in advance would be brilliant!

I can't take credit for much on this board, so whan I can I will. :D[/quote:34mgusgp]

Your quote has been outdated. ;)

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fractal Audio for finally responding with an update.
That is all i asked for in the very first start of this thread.

Now would you please be kind enough to give us a date when we can purchase the MFC-101

The cover around the LCD seems not correctly centered. Maybe it's not possible, but it should be more to the right so at the same time there would be more of a consequent spacing to the left of it (like above and below).

"Who cares "if it works great, but still..., this is among the outsides candy FAS is still not so good at. Luckily they rule on the insides :ugeek:

Back
Top Bottom