MFC 101 update ?

wnlively

Inspired
Like most of you I check the fourm daily to see if there is any new info on the MFC 101.

It would be so nice if the guys at Fractal would give us some sort of update from time to time.
At least give us a list of features or may be a couple of pictures. ANYTHING WOULD BE NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cmon guys, all the little dogs are waiting for the crums to fall from the table.

Most of all a ETA would make us all :D :D :D :D :D alot

wnlively

A couple of weeks ago Tom mentioned that it would be "soon"... :D

If you can wait... wait.

If you can't... then don't... :D

The answer to this problem is simple - buy an FCB-1010. It's about 4 times cheaper and offers more bang for your buck.

It's doesn't display patch names, but do you really need to know the name of a patch you've selected after you've selected it? Chances are you already know what it is before pressing the button with your foot, otherwise you'll have made quite a goof up on stage.

And the FCB-1010 does not display the tuner. The answer to this is buy a decent guitar that stays in tune. Tune up before your set and then rock out.

ok well when I was at the austin amp show March 6, Tom told me the fractal foot controller would be ready in 60 days. They didn't have it there but they had all the FR cabs. I haven't seen this posted anywhere but that's what I was told. I'm holding out. He also said 90% of the waiting list would be satisfied. I've been on the list for like a year and a half and I'm still holding.

Im currently using the GCP controller and it works well enough.
All im saying is it would be nice to have a update from Fractal from time to time.

thanks
Neal

I've personally resigned myself to the idea that it will never become available. If it does, great - I'll be pleasantly surprised.

JohnBee said:
ok well when I was at the austin amp show March 6, Tom told me the fractal foot controller would be ready in 60 days. They didn't have it there but they had all the FR cabs. I haven't seen this posted anywhere but that's what I was told. I'm holding out. He also said 90% of the waiting list would be satisfied. I've been on the list for like a year and a half and I'm still holding.

Is there actually a waiting list for the MFC?

If so, how do you get on it?

I emailed Fractal two months ago about it and havn't got a reply??? :x :x :x

well I read somewhere on the posts that there is a waiting list and I jumped on it on 7/08. I got a confirmed comment from Danielle. I also specifically asked about the waiting list when fractal was in austin and they didn't look at me like I was crazy. I would try emailing again. At the austin amp show they said 90% of the waiting people would be filled so you probably won't have to wait long if you got on now. according to my math about another month and a week for the controller....

INCINERATE said:
The answer to this problem is simple - buy an FCB-1010. It's about 4 times cheaper and offers more bang for your buck.
It's doesn't display patch names, but do you really need to know the name of a patch you've selected after you've selected it? Chances are you already know what it is before pressing the button with your foot, otherwise you'll have made quite a goof up on stage.
And the FCB-1010 does not display the tuner. The answer to this is buy a decent guitar that stays in tune. Tune up before your set and then rock out.
Or buy a Gordius Little Giant2 which does all of that and more (including draining some cash from your wallet). Xavier has made great strides in fine tuning the LG since he obtained an Axe-Fx to play with. At this point, I don't give a rat's a** if the MFC is ever released. It can't offer me anything more than I've already got with the new version of the LG2, which even runs off of the Axe-Fx power.

JohnBee said:

So it's May, wonderful.
And if it's late I would hold YOU responsible. :D

Muris_Varajic said:
JohnBee said:

So it's May, wonderful.
And if it's late I would hold YOU responsible. :D

I don't buy it. We've heard and read so many things similar to this in the last 2 years that I've lost count. As I had said earlier in the thread, if it comes available some day and I still need something or want one, then cool. Otherwise, I'm assuming that it's never coming out. I'll stay on the waiting list and see what happens, but I'm not expecting anything.

I'm holding out.

What Steve Jobs does with new iPhones, Pods and Pads, what Tom did with the new Atomic stuff. Don't say a word until it's in prod and almost ready to ship. I just think it sucks that this policy has been applied to the pre-announced MFC.

I'm sure this is the policy now in place for anything new going forward. It's kinda cool to think what new stuff could be in the pipe that we won't hear about early on. They could drop a bombshell on us at any time. Like one day you're poking thru the forum and read "Introducing the all new Axe-Fx II. More CPU, 1000 User IR slots, USB, available in your choice of 1U rack or floor-based all-in-one footswitch. Shipping units next week" :p

I don't mean to gloat, but I have a preproduction sample that I've really been enjoying. It looks a bit different than some of the shots that have appeared on the site, but the UI is incredibly simple. Here's a shot below:

MFC-101.jpg

I should have thought of this three days ago. Better late than never!

tzrider said:
I don't mean to gloat, but I have a preproduction sample that I've really been enjoying. It looks a bit different than some of the shots that have appeared on the site, but the UI is incredibly simple. Here's a shot below:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one!!!

MFC-101.jpg

:lol: ROTFLMAO :lol:

Axe PLUS triaxis PLUS 2:90..... my back hurts just looking but you are way cool.

I keep them next to each other in separate racks. Once in awhile I go back to the triaxis to A/B and try to get a little closer to some of my fav patches. There are still a few things the triaxis can do that I just can't get to on the axe.... but for the most part I do prefer playing with just the axe.

tzrider said:

MFC-101.jpg

That was awesome!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two things... remind me never to buy an Axe-fx from you and you could probably benefit from some of this...

forcesofnature_2101_4518640

Back
Top Bottom