Metronome audible clicking problem

King Tone

Inspired
For some reason after the 14 upgrade my metronome is set to on as default and is clicking through the speakers.
I can turn this off manually but once I restart the axe it goes back to being on. How can I make off the default?

Thanks!

Are you using a MIDI controller? It's probably sending a CC for metronome on/off. You could switch it to "none" in the Axe I/O menu, but you might want to look at the controller's settings to figure out what's causing the command. Or if using an MFC that hasn't been reset to defaults since the last update, try that first.

I do have the MFC but it is not connected, other than the axe fx itself the rest of the rig is in storage. I will recheck setting it to none…I thought I tried that…when I power up it always clicks. I will check it tomorrow, thanks!

So far nothing works. Once I power up after the unit has been off, the metronome is set default to on. Any ideas..?

The metronome can only be turned on manually or via a Continuous Controller. My guess is you have the On/Off assigned to one of the pedal jacks.

I never had it assigned that way that I know of and I have been using the axe setup the same way for years. I had been on firmware either 10 or 11 and not changed anything since then. I updated to 14 and it started doing this each time I power up. I just manually cut it off for now but I am sure that should be a simple fix, I just don't know what it is. I don't have my pedalboard with me so I know I did not accidentally hit a button.

If you verify it's set to none, I'd try a system parameters reset (utility menu) next. And if that doesn't fix it, reinstall the firmware.

I don't know if it's possible for either of those steps to fix whatever would cause this, but it can't hurt to try. Remember to note any non-default system settings you've made first.

I don't think I have ever set any non-default settings that I am aware of. Everything has been the same ever since last update, I believe firmware 10. I put in 14 and it started. I will check the pedal jacks settings.

Cliff was right (imagine that) certainly to a degree. I know I did not assign the metronome to a pedal because, one, I did not know there was a metronome and two, it never did it until the upgrade.
Thanks for the help!

I too have only now discovered the metronome starting on its own with the ver 14 update. Didn't even know we had one! I'm setting I/O to "none" for now.

Back
Top Bottom