Metallica using Axe Fx's on stage!

You know I have a LTD Eclipse with EMGs in it and just can't get a good sound running it into my AF2. I have the P/U backed all the way down, new battery, mogami cable, etc and it's all muddy sounding almost like the tone know is rolled back. That guitar has always seemed a bit thin for me (as do most EMG equipped guitars in my opinion) not bad thin, just a little thin. When I change the input impedance to 1k it sounds best, but not good to me.
Hmm strange.
Could be taste though but I love emg's myself.
The song in my signature was done with an EMG equipped guitar (fender Jim Root Tele) and I love the tones I'm getting...
However, some people tend to think that EMG's make every guitar sound the same but that's absolutely not true.
I'm not implying that you do though.
I have 4 guitars with EMG's atm and they sound quite different.
The one that sounds the best is my ESP eclipse-I.
It just sounds really full, thick and lively.
That Fender is also very nice but because of the bolt-on and maple neck the sound is a bit different.
My Ltd kh602 sounds very aggressive and nothing like the other ones.
Less lows and more bite.

Maybe check if the wiring is ok?
How low is your action?
What string brand and gauges do you use on that guitar?
Also, what IRs do you use?

Hi

I purchased an axe fx 2 from g66 last week. G66 say that the axe fx was returned by Metallica in favour of the XLplus model. The axe fx has a serial number written on the back by the band or tech etc. I wonder if anyone here could tell me which band member used this axe fx?

Serial num BC8386

Thanks

Hi

I purchased an axe fx 2 from g66 last week. G66 say that the axe fx was returned by Metallica in favour of the XLplus model. The axe fx has a serial number written on the back by the band or tech etc. I wonder if anyone here could tell me which band member used this axe fx?

Serial num BC8386

Thanks

Was it wiped, you'd be able to tell by the presets if they're still on there. I assume the Met crew or G66 would have wiped it.

Hi

Yes it was wiped clean unfortunately and the latest Quantum installed...
G66 couldn't tell me which band member used it... Im guessing the hand written serial number must relate to the bands way of cataloging there equipment???

Back
Top Bottom