Metallica Tonematches/patches extravaganza!

Daaaang....That soundcloud clip is fantatstic.

Great job! Best effort ever on Metallica....heck this sounds way better than whatever they used at Antarctica...

<goes and updates firmware just to try these patches>

Hmm that's too bad.
I don't know why the presets don't work.
Maybe because of the new beta 4 fw?
I can't check right now because my pc is being repaired.
I may have to make completely new patches if they don't work anymore

So, I updated my axe fx ii with the 12.03 firmware linked above, and these metallica patches still throw the "not a valid file" error. Any ideas? When i go to global and look at axe fx version, it says 12.xx?!?

Are you using the latest version of AE?

Is everyone saying if we switch to the latest beta this patches will not work?? I am on the first beta release and everything works fine. Should I just stay with that firmware then?

I wipe the dust of my guitar equipped with EMGs and passed the afternoon playing almost all the songs from Kill Em All to Black Album. Really good job on thoses patches, they mystified a witness until he discovered my sloppy playing.

Hi, actually I solved the problem of downloading those presets for me. It was really simpe, firstly you should download those presets after log on site, secondly you should have fw beta 4. It really worked for me, all presets are perfect!

Some people on here claim that the mesa models do not sound aggressive enough.
I beg to differ.
I recently bought a new 6 string guitar with EMG pick-ups in it.
It's a Fender Jim Root telecaster.
Inspired by this new guitar I just created 2 patches with the Fractal Triaxis model (USA pre yellow).
The first one uses a stock cab.
I also made a version that needs the This One V30 user cab.
I like this sound a lot and it is heavily inspired by metallica.
Kind of a blend between the old Metallica tones and the newer ones.
You probably need to tweak the gain to fit youre pickups because these patches are designed for EMG's.
I'll probably re-make my old Metallica tonemoatches for the latest firmware.
It's just too much fun!
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Some people on here claim that the mesa models do not sound aggressive enough.
I beg to differ.
I recently bought a new 6 string guitar with EMG pick-ups in it.
It's a Fender Jim Root telecaster.
Inspired by this new guitar I just created 2 patches with the Fractal Triaxis model (USA pre yellow).
The first one uses a stock cab.
I also made a version that needs the This One V30 user cab.
I like this sound a lot and it is heavily inspired by metallica.
Kind of a blend between the old Metallica tones and the newer ones.
You probably need to tweak the gain to fit youre pickups because these patches are designed for EMG's.
I'll probably re-make my old Metallica tonemoatches for the latest firmware.
It's just too much fun!
Enjoy!

Hey dude, just checked out this triaxis patch, sounds really good, a lot like their current live sound actually.

Hello Guitarjon thank you for your work that you share with us, the demo sound amazing but i don't see the link to download the presets
Can you help me with tghat?

Back
Top Bottom