Metallica Tonematches/patches extravaganza!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
This is for all the Metallica fans out there!
I know there have been people before me who have made metallica patches and/or tonematches.
They all did a great job but some of the tones could have been better.
I also just wanted to do this for my own fun so here it goes.
I made tonematches for most of their albums and for the later stuff also for both channels (left/right = James/Kirk).
For some of the tones I made a couple of different versions based on different amp selections used for the album just to have different flavours to choose from.
I also added a bonus patch wich recreates James' current live sound wich I love.
It's a dual amp patch and I enjoy this one a lot.
I recorded and tweaked these with my Gibson Les Paul Classic so if you're gonna use a different guitar the patches may require tweaking (gain maybe).
For fun I also made a quick recording for you all to hear the tones in action.
Enjoy and please leave a comment with critiques or opinions!
I think these tones are pretty close to the album tones!
Hope you enjoy!

Note, some of the may still require additional eq to remove fizz, it was there on the stems with some songs so I left all the high end in there for most of the tones.
Feel free to add additional eq ofcourse if needed

edit: some of these tones were updated and you can find them down in post 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow you nailed all! Funny confirms I dont like their tone on most albums anymore! I guess better in the mix , and super heavy but poor quality sounds at the time they did them (old stuff). Course things were much harder then, had to mod out the marshalls or scoop the mesas' now just pick up and axe fx and have it all! Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing. I'm excited to try out the master James one. Unfortunately my ears have been changing over the years. I don't care much about their tone unlike the first time i hear master of puppets ad a kid.

That's strange..
Does this happen for everyone?
Does this also happen when uploading the patch with fractal bot?

the same happens also with Bot , i dowloaded them again just in case and the same seem to happens , with other patches there is no problem , dont know why

Awesome, I'll be sure to check a few of those for the rare occasion my band covers a Metallica tune during rehearsal. Do these include clean sounds as well?

Back
Top Bottom