Metallica GRAMMYs Taylor Swift

There are plenty of musicians that I don't like their band, but I greatly respect their playing.
Reb in Winger was a great example.
If you can't admit that he is a monster player.....then none of your points are going to hold any water....you're in denial. :)

Never said he wasn't a monster player but he comes across as a jerkoff in that vid someone posted a page or too ago. Maybe he was immature and still in high school when the video was made and hopefully he's grown up now.

If Kirk is so bad, why is it everyone, EVERYONE, knows who he is, and knows his solos inside and out? Because the truth is, you liked it too, and it probably was part of your introduction to guitar playing like millions of others. Ever wonder why people like it so much? Because it's not too complicated that you have to be a seasoned pro to play, and it's fun and easy to get into, and I think many just outgrew Metallica and Kirk's playing. He never claimed to be the best or the fastest, or the most technical, in fact I've never heard him claim to be anything other than the lead guitarist for Metallica.

Just because you have outgrown it and moved on, does not make it crap, and that's really the issue here. You should never forget where you came from and appreciate these guys for getting you into it, but instead all these self appointed "pro" musicians that have done nothing of mention, say he's not doing it right, and he's terrible, y'all need a reality check. He's the famous one in the band Metallica, and they sold over 10 million copies of their last album in an age of piracy and then toured sold-out shows for 5 years straight, got inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame, made a 3D movie, organized and headlined the Big 4, did a 30th anniversary gig, made a world record when playing Antarctica, played the Grammy's, made the move to Fractals/Digital, and this is just the bigger stuff.

How is it he's done all this and more while being the worst guitar player in the world? James is a god, we all know this, but without Kirk it's not Metallica.

No one is questioning his fame, popularity or the fact that he's in the biggest metal band ever. Just because you've sold a lot of records and wrote catchy songs (which he doesn't write anyway - Metallica is really all Hetfield), it doesn't mean you're not a shitty player.

Hence Kurt Cobain...

Many peoples' point (as well as mine earlier) is that it's not just that people have outgrown him, but also the fact that he's really gotten worse over the years. His playing on the first 3 albums is WAY cleaner and more interesting than mostly anything after.

You either bend notes in tune, or you don't.

You're vibrato is either even and in tune, or you sound like Stevie Nicks (another over-rated "icon" and great example of this topic).

What was the show mixed for? Was anyone there? Did it sound good live? A clown touched me at the circus. Metallica can use any gear in the world sounds like a great promotion for FAS

The traditional standard for skill with one's instrument has absolutely dick all to do with one's ability to write good songs.

A few years ago Pete Wilson from cross point church in Nashville came up to speak at our church. We were all sitting in the green room discussing the Grammys. Taylor swift came up in the conversation. One of our female vocalists proceeded to bash Taylor and said some pretty judgmental stuff about her. As it turned out, Pete is a close personal friend of Taylor's and boy did that singer look stupid. Don't know if this has anything at all to do with this thread but I thought it was worth sharing. Pete spoke very highly of Taylor.

Back
Top Bottom