Metallica Enter Sandman Tone Matching..."Thanks TheSpincts for the Track"

BTW the G note in clean part is actually open string, not 5th fret.

You know I've never played it that way, but now that you mention it...

I learned that riff right when I was starting to play so I never really though about it.

Just tried it. Makes a huge difference actually.
I've played it wrong for about 16 years now.
Damn guitar world tablature!!!

Other things missed often in Metallica covers, probably due to wrong transcriptions usually:

Master of Puppets first riff ends with F# F (2 1 on E string), not F# E

MoP pre-chorus 3rd measure is b b b b C5 B5, not c c c c C5 B5 (next meas. actually does start with C)

Sad But True main riff has a slide into the D (concert C) for all of these things on 5th string: /5p0-1p0

BTW the G note in clean part is actually open string, not 5th fret.

I play it at 5th fret
but only because this guy plays it that way [2:32]

About the tone... I tried to TM- Enter Sandman and wasn't happy with my result...

Your clean sounds pretty good (it's just a Jazz Chorus pretty identifiably easy tone to get when you plug right into the real thing)

distortion wise- it sounds like a Boss Multi effects pedal- or like a metal zone direct, or something out of a Boss GT-8>>there's no authenticity to it

I'm not saying mine sounded better- mine sounded awful-

I think the Axe can do better than this...thats all i'm saying

good stuff- I'm working on a Sandman Tone Match Preset myself and it's more challenging than I thought. I have the isolated Guitar in OGG format, now it's just a matter of tweaking. Thanks for yours, it was a good starting point. Our presets will just get better and better the more we share.

i tried it at gig volume but never with a band mix until the gig. it just sounded VERY digital, nasaly and just plain weird to my ears. This is of course, compared to the other presets i tend to use. I didnt like thee way it sat in the mix of my in ears with the rest of the band. i did test the preset with my inears alone, but again, never with a full band mix.

to be honest, i didnt have a chance to hear how it sounded from audience perspective.
It was just sooooo different from the rest of the the presets i use. Maybe it wasnt as bad as i thought. sorry for the generic explaination but i just dont know how to explain it any better at this point.

parameters

i tried it at gig volume but never with a band mix until the gig. it just sounded VERY digital, nasaly and just plain weird to my ears. This is of course, compared to the other presets i tend to use. I didnt like thee way it sat in the mix of my in ears with the rest of the band. i did test the preset with my inears alone, but again, never with a full band mix.

to be honest, i didnt have a chance to hear how it sounded from audience perspective.
It was just sooooo different from the rest of the the presets i use. Maybe it wasnt as bad as i thought. sorry for the generic explaination but i just dont know how to explain it any better at this point.

Have you played around with the Tone Match Block parameters. Most of mine have to be set to only 50-65% mix and 20-30% smoothing to sound realish.

Back
Top Bottom