METALLICA Chooses Fractal Audio Axe-Fx IIs for Silent Antarctica Concert

Congrats on the chance, Matt and off course Cliff and the rest!

But, are they taking their fans with them or are they going local? AFAIK aside from some very chilly scientists Antarctica is supposed to be uninhabited... So... Who is crazy enough to spring for a ticket to Antarctica to see Metallica in the freezing cold? Will this be an open-air concert? Will they be building a stage or a concert hall for the occasion? Will they bring their pyrotechnics?

I'd say leave the continent alone since just being there is already polluting it. Not to mention travelling, eating, power generators... Can't say I have much faith in their road crew to be tidy and clean...

Reactions: yek
You could just google Metallica Antarctica and have all those answers in seconds. Rolling stone has the announcement.

I'm assuming it's summer right now in Antarctica, which is why they picked this time of year but it's gotta still be mighty cold.

We do some support for the research down there where I work. Been trying to get on one of the annual trips for quite a while now, but I've always got some other major project I'm working on. I just wonder if they have to go through the medical screening that we have to. Its like 2 months to get cleared for a two week trip.

Opportunity to see how tough this thing is though. :)

Congratulations FAS! One of the greatest bands of all time using the absolute best product ever produced. Definitely a win-win situation!

You could just google Metallica Antarctica and have all those answers in seconds. Rolling stone has the announcement.
Yes, but that would mean doing something which would inconvenience a whole lot of electrons. And I would actually have to care. Oh blast, I did the Google thing. Sorry to all electrons. SOOOooo glad I said goodbye to CocaCola when they decided to suddenly up the price with 50% couple of years ago.

I saw the clip Metallica had with the boy driving and running around... What was all that about? Probably about the movie. Never mind.

Can you tell I'm not really a fan? No offence to anyone who is, btw, go right ahead. Not that Metallica is bad or that I dislike them, I actually think Hetfield is kinda cool... They just don't... appeal to me.

Just call me too old. Even though all the members of Metallica are older than me.

To be honest, it'd be great to hear them play through tone matches of their studio sounds. Especially Justice tone. It has that crazy scooped tone that was created using aphex eq's and I've never heard it live....

I think if you tried to use the AJFA tone at live concert volumes all you would here is "whooomph whooomph whooomph" every time a palm muted low E string is played :).

BTW, Metallica are running FW 12.

I think if you tried to use the AJFA tone at live concert volumes all you would here is "whooomph whooomph whooomph" every time a palm muted low E string is played :)

Except if there was no PA system and the audience were all wearing headphones?

Back
Top Bottom