Metallica at Glastonbury...

Seen them back in 1984 they were opening for Ozzy (Bark at the Moon tour) at the time I was not really into them but later through the years developed a liking for them.
I own some of there albums but still don't consider myself a fan, but over all like them.

But I did walk away from that show thinking "not my thing, but what a great band!"
They just worked so well together, and they still do! Although there have been a few changes as far as personal on the bass.

John

Peter Green, Gary Moore and The Holy Grail Les Paul

Oh, maybe it was the SG that was auctioned?

That's super-weird coming from Gibson because, seriously, nothing could be further than the truth. Gary sold the guitar privately in '06 to a friend of mine and it's had the same owner until last week. It sold for very considerably less than $2mm when Gary sold it, and the sale last week was at a lower price than it achieved in '06.

Weird.

I just read in Guitar & Bass magazine about Phil Harris playing out with it and that the guitar was sold and was going back to the States, it didn't mention the purchaser however.

"Fingers" Phil wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

He didn't sell the guitar and was led to believe it was going back to the US because he was being "cute" with the owner, who had been asking for him to return the guitar for some considerable time.

I agree. I'm not into the bashing thing either. And perhaps someday, in 20 or 30 years or so, My favorite band, Rush, may start slipping as well!

i see what you did there, however you can't compare rush to metallica when it comes to difficulty level ;)

Been a Metallica cynic for about 10 years and a fan for about 10 years before that but man this sounds like an awesome gig! Makes me wanna play! Thanks Metallica, Fas and OP :)

Hey folks
Re tallica guitar tones . The snippets that are released from the tuning room are true fractal tones, However when the band are in the tuning room Chad and Justin are busy on Stage with last minute checks with the sound guys, so the fractal patches are just a general purpose tones. Hence you will see KH play a harmony without a drive pedal, well, that would be punched in live etc. so if you are concerned with duplicating tones concentrate on the live stuff from the actual show
and BTW if you have ever tried to concentrate on your left hand technique re tuning whilst trying to entertain a stadium full of 60K + screaming fans and running up and down a huge multi layer stage set with the adrenaline and nerves fighting each other, please let me know how that worked out for you ....

After working with these guys for 19 years it is amazing what they accomplish night after night and how many people they entertain....

BTW if you have ever tried to concentrate on your left hand technique re tuning whilst trying to entertain a stadium full of 60K + screaming fans and running up and down a huge multi layer stage set with the adrenaline and nerves fighting each other, please let me know how that worked out for ....

Ha ha great point!!
Personally I struggle in front of 100 inebriated wedding guests who couldn't care less!
Thanks for your other comments also!

Back
Top Bottom