Metallica at Glastonbury...

When did it become OK to trash our fellow Axe-FX users? This forum is not a cool place to trash other users. Maybe a few people have heard of these guys. Does this make them anything other then each of us? In any case, they are users just you you and I - Forum Rule #1 - Don't be a dick. If you want to trash another user, even those with tens of millions of albums sold, take it elsewhere, or keep it to yourself.

They're very nice guys in person, not "up themselves" at all and a REAL like of all things guitar related, both new and old.

Let he who wouldn't want to be in their position cast the first stone. They guys were genre forming, not something that can be said about many. Good luck to them, I hope they continue to rock out and enjoy what they do in good health.

Peace.

I get nervous watching them. they aren't tight the way they used to be. I don't care about what anyone says, i went to see iron maiden live and they totally blew me away with throwing guitars in the air and not missing a beat. Sorry to say this but its like watching a bad wedding singer and band. I still love them though

I still don't understand why people feel the need to make sure everyone else knows they don't like Metallica.

Hmm I guess I should pop into all the Dream Theatre threads and bash on them cause I don't like em which means they obviously suck and should just stop, right?

Or maybe I shouldn't because I don't like them....

Did anyone else think they were a little below par? Kirk in particular?

i read comments like these quite often, especially on youtube and everytime i wonder why people do not understand that these guys are getting old.
it's impossible for them to perform like they did 20, 25 years ago. age is surely not the only reason but a big part of it.

these guys are getting old.
it's impossible for them to perform like they did 20, 25 years ago. age is surely not the only reason but a big part of it.

I agree. I'm not into the bashing thing either. And perhaps someday, in 20 or 30 years or so, My favorite band, Rush, may start slipping as well!

Watching the full set on bbc

did anyone else notice James mouthing off at his stage crew that his guitar was "too fucking low"

then when he returned to the acoustic on the stand one of the crew was adjusting his strap behind his back.

He never missed a note or a line

did anyone else notice James mouthing off at his stage crew that his guitar was "too fucking low"

then when he returned to the acoustic on the stand one of the crew was adjusting his strap behind his back.

A true professional will always deal with whatever comes. :)

When Maiden played in 2006 in Dublin there were serious problems with the bass during the first song. They had to stop the set to sort it out, but instead of anyone storming off, Bruce Dickinson entertained the crowd for the (roughly) ten minutes it took to sort it out. Hell of a showman!

I only saw them once about, 6-7 years ago?
Most professional and best performance I have ever seen!

Yeah I think his IEMs stopped working and the tech changed the battery pack or something. That's what it looked like.

I saw them in Sydney in 1998. Easily the most awesome concert experience in my life. Crowd energy was amazing (it had been a long time since they toured Oz). Volume was so loud that tone didn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom