Metallica Amp

Still it sound very good and is closest I ever got to Enter Sandman in my life ( Still I have a Mark V too,but that MKIIC leaves room to deserve

Roland

To be honest I don't give a s**t whether it's an actual JH amp or not - the most important thing for me is that it gives so much better and more accurate results with tonematching 'Tallica than standard IIC+ model.

Is it exactly same model used by JH or just Cliff's creativity? If it does it's job, what's the diff? ;)

OK first it was the Hetfield amp and it sounded Great.
Then it's not the amp and now it sounds like crap.
Now it's the amp again and it sounds great again, maybe better than at first.
Really guys??? Really???:D

I don't think anyone is saying it sounds bad. It IS a great model, and definitely nails the Metallica tone pretty much spot on. It also IMO sounds much better than the standard MKIIC+ model.
I myself was just curious why they chose to call it the Metallica MKIIC++ if it was not a model of Metallica's MKIIC++. But that has now been explained.

Well.. This model gives a great tone without messing with the 5-band GEQ.
The tone is great and it's simple to get it.

I like it.

Chad, it is really cool that you took the time to chime in here! The amp model sounds great regardless of what it actually is. All of the Mark series amps are my favorites!

Hahaha so this is the old Mark ii amp sim.

I had a feeling this was the case! I had said in a post awhile back that the pre-FW18 MKIIC+ amp model sounded wayyyyy better than the G3'ed version and was hoping Cliff would add it back as an additional model kinda like he did with the JMP-1 preamp. Looks like now he finally did it and it RULES!!!!

and to think I've been using a FAS Brootalz and Cameron Atomica for all my Metallica sounds. How DARE I....

Whatever the names given to the models, why is there a difference between the IIC+ and the IIC++ ?

IIC+ : model of a non simulclass IIC+
IIC++ : model of a simulclass IIC+

?

The model named IIC++ should not be named like this, IMO.

Last edited:
Its funny because the 2c+ was my go to until FW 18, in which I struggled for months to get a great sound. Finally I started using the Triaxis yellow and it was awesome. Now the old 2c+ comes back (under the Hetfield disguise) and I think it sounds great again!! My thought process is that maybe the 2c+ that Cliff purchased when he was G3ing everything is not that great of a c+, and maybe if Petrucci did cough up his back then, we wouldn't have struggled with the 2c+ for the last year or so…

Obsessing over this isnt healthy and bringing up the petrucci amp again and again is not going to make it appear

So I've been reading this thread for a while and decided to check out the IIC++ right before I loaded out for my show last night... It sounded great with minimal tweaking... I quickly programed it into my Main Solo Preset and went to my gig...
It had a great tone, the perfect amount of gain and didn't get lost in the Mix....

Cliff never said it was a JH amp everyone just assumed it was. Also many guys have liked and gotten great time out of the C+ Cliff bought. I get why they referred to it as the Metallica amp. I don't get why it is now called a c++ though. Do I need to know? No. I have never tried any of the mark amp sims

Back
Top Bottom