Metalcore Tone Tutorial w/ York Audio IR’s

The Raven

Inspired

Happy Holidays everyone!

I made a video tutorial on how I went about getting the guitar tones in my videos with my LTD EC-1000. A couple people on here said they really liked the tones in those videos, so I figured this might be something people would be interested in.

VERY cliche rig setup here, but I think it works well for what I’m going for. I don’t know how to mix still, so I mainly try to get things right at the source while keeping it as simple as possible.

Let me know what you guys think, and as always, if you have any suggestions on how I can make these tones or videos even better, I’d love to hear them.

P.s.
One more small request: If you do enjoy the video, please consider giving it a like on YouTube to help feed the algorithm what it craves. I don’t upload very often, so its hard to get my videos to be recommended to people without getting what YouTube sees as “engagement.”

Happy Holidays everyone!

I made a video tutorial on how I went about getting the guitar tones in my videos with my LTD EC-1000. A couple people on here said they really liked the tones in those videos, so I figured this might be something people would be interested in.

VERY cliche rig setup here, but I think it works well for what I’m going for. I don’t know how to mix still, so I mainly try to get things right at the source while keeping it as simple as possible.

Let me know what you guys think, and as always, if you have any suggestions on how I can make these tones or videos even better, I’d love to hear them.

P.s.
One more small request: If you do enjoy the video, please consider giving it a like on YouTube to help feed the algorithm what it craves. I don’t upload very often, so its hard to get my videos to be recommended to people without getting what YouTube sees as “engagement.”

I’d be curious also about the other tones from the demo? The 6505 is similar but some of your other tones are good too.

I’d be curious also about the other tones from the demo? The 6505 is similar but some of your other tones are good too.

Do you mean the tones in the raw playthrough section? I usually dial in those tones on the fly but I can probably remember some of the signal chain or try to recreate it. Obviously things wouldn’t be 1:1 due to updates and relying on memory. What tone were you curious about?

Do you mean the tones in the raw playthrough section? I usually dial in those tones on the fly but I can probably remember some of the signal chain or try to recreate it. Obviously things wouldn’t be 1:1 due to updates and relying on memory. What tone were you curious about?
Like the Wylde style and Recto rock? I assume the 6505 section is like your latest video? Did you have any effects besides delay on the 5150 Lead?

Like the Wylde style and Recto rock? I assume the 6505 section is like your latest video? Did you have any effects besides delay on the 5150 Lead?
Wylde style is the Brit 800 with a Japan CE-2 and the Boss SD-1 and I’m 99.99% sure I’m using one of the mixes in the York Audio Bogner Pack. Recto Rock would be Recto 1 Red + Ts808 (same setup as the rhythm boost with level on 7) with one of the single Sm57 IRs from the same YA pack I used with the 6505s, but I don’t think it was the CE 1, so probably CE 2 or the position “1”. I just double checked and unfortunately I didn’t save those 2 anywhere, but that is definitely the signal chain, plus maybe that room reverb at the end I mentioned in the video just to add a bit of subtle room.

For the leads, I only had the delay on for the song recordings, but in the raw playing examples i may have also put on the subtle room reverb like i show in the video.

Back
Top Bottom