METAL? Every Hour Kills new single - Produced by Joey Sturgis

Sounds good, dude! A good clarity in the mix, and a nice smooth form throughout the piece. Vocals sound awesome! What was the chain on them if you don't mind my asking?

Thank you! I'll try to remember:

Tracking was a U87 > BAE mic pre (Neve clone) > Slate Dragon compressor
In the mix each track gets an instance of SSL channel for EQ, UAD 1176 and UAD de-esser
This all gets bussed together with more EQ and compression on the bus. I believe I used a touch of multiband comp as well to even things out. A ton of FX and automation as well, a few different verbs, delays, doublers, distortion etc. etc. UAD, Lexicon, SoundToys among others. Also a ton of care went into the tracking and editing, doubling and tripling of parts tightly, lots of layering and ear candy bits in there.

Hopefully one day again we see another Sacha axe-fx preset up here to check out for ourselves. You have bar none one of the best metal tones our there buddy.

Hopefully one day again we see another Sacha axe-fx preset up here to check out for ourselves. You have bar none one of the best metal tones our there buddy.

Thank you my man! I'll be re-working things a bit with the new FW but I'm sure I'll get around to posting something up eventually.

as already mentioned in the sneap forum, this song kicks ass. totally love it, and the chorus slays!!
guitars sounds killer too.
I´m not a quite a fan of modern metal music these days, but your song really got me!

i do have another production related question to you, how many instances of vocals do you have in the chorus, and how are they panned?

i always struggle having 3 main lead vocal tracks, panned left and right and one in center, as the jump from the mono vocal track from verse/prechorus is always to big and noticable when the stereo vocals punch in in the chorus, but you nailed it so well here, so i´m curious how they are panned and treated

cheers
exoslime

Sounds killer, man. :) I really enjoyed that tune, as well as the other stuff you have posted to your Soundcloud. Is this the same AxeFx I sold you a few years ago? lol

as already mentioned in the sneap forum, this song kicks ass. totally love it, and the chorus slays!!
guitars sounds killer too.
I´m not a quite a fan of modern metal music these days, but your song really got me!

i do have another production related question to you, how many instances of vocals do you have in the chorus, and how are they panned?

i always struggle having 3 main lead vocal tracks, panned left and right and one in center, as the jump from the mono vocal track from verse/prechorus is always to big and noticable when the stereo vocals punch in in the chorus, but you nailed it so well here, so i´m curious how they are panned and treated

cheers
exoslime

Thanks! Yeah all the main parts and harmonies are doubled, mono in the verse then in the chorus the main is tripled and panned as you noticed. The main things I can suggest off the top of my head are like I mentioned previously a ton of care put into the tracking and editing so everything is as tight as possible. Then make sure the dynamics are controlled, I use a compressor on the entire vocal bus to keep things more even when more or less tracks are entering the picture, automation when needed as well. Also all the doubles are usually lower in volume than the mains so that the primary line gets precedence and cuts through a bit more.

Sounds killer, man. :) I really enjoyed that tune, as well as the other stuff you have posted to your Soundcloud. Is this the same AxeFx I sold you a few years ago? lol

Haha no actually this my 2nd or 3rd even since then! I tried out the Kemper for a while then came back to the Fractal cult. :p

Awesome job man. Sounds great.

Cheers!

Hey Sacha loves your music and production, like a lot the type of synths you use. I wish I could have that amazing sounds in my next LP. cheers

lol that might be the one I picked up off Sacha awhile ago. sellin it pretty quick here though to go Axe FX II! this clip right here made up my mind haha

Hey Sacha loves your music and production, like a lot the type of synths you use. I wish I could have that amazing sounds in my next LP. cheers

Thanks!

lol that might be the one I picked up off Sacha awhile ago. sellin it pretty quick here though to go Axe FX II! this clip right here made up my mind haha

I think it was my first II that I bought off him

Sounds amazing Sacha, what amp/cab?

5150III and an impulse I made

Thanks! Yeah all the main parts and harmonies are doubled, mono in the verse then in the chorus the main is tripled and panned as you noticed. The main things I can suggest off the top of my head are like I mentioned previously a ton of care put into the tracking and editing so everything is as tight as possible. Then make sure the dynamics are controlled, I use a compressor on the entire vocal bus to keep things more even when more or less tracks are entering the picture, automation when needed as well. Also all the doubles are usually lower in volume than the mains so that the primary line gets precedence and cuts through a bit more.
Cheers!
many thanks sacha, cheers :)

Did you mix this in 5.1 surround sound?

The reason I ask is I listened to this on my surround system and was really impressed with the definition of the instruments, the panning/imaging, and enveloping nature of the mix.

Really nice!

Did you mix this in 5.1 surround sound?

The reason I ask is I listened to this on my surround system and was really impressed with the definition of the instruments, the panning/imaging, and enveloping nature of the mix.

Really nice!

Thank you very much! No I only mix in Stereo, would love to try 5.1 some day.

The production is tight and the composition is well constructed. I appreciate what you guys are doing! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom