Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier w/Axe-Fx Hookup Problems

unsetmike19

1. I've tried hooking up the Axe-Fx in every way in the book and ways other users have and I've even turned off the amp sims and the cab sims through global settings.

2. I made sure the Mesa's effects loop is on.

3. I've tried different cables.

4. The only way it works is through the 4CM but I get this annoying sound out of it like it's cutting in and out.

Q: I had the same problem when I was using the G Major so is this an FX Loop preamp tube problem or possibly something else?

1. Most Rectifiers have a parallel loop.
2. This may be what you're hearing with the 4CM hook up but your rant is very vague.
3. Clearify what is happening when you plug straight into the fx return and maybe we can help.

1. Most Rectifiers have a parallel loop.
2. This may be what you're hearing with the 4CM hook up but your rant is very vague.
3. Clearify what is happening when you plug straight into the fx return and maybe we can help.

When I use the 4CM everything works but when I start playing my amp is at a really low volume then suddenly it's really loud when I accent chords, or if I hold out a chord when playing, my amp is at a really low volume and then all of a sudden it gets really loud and goes back down again.

Any other way I've hooked it up i get no sound out of my amp. Sorry for not being specific enough it was a lil late when I posted and thanks for the help!

Let me make sure I understand the problem. We know the problem existed before the Axe-FX, so the Axe isn't the problem. A few questions:

1. When you're hooked up with 4CM, you get bursts of high volume when you let a chord ring out, or when you accent a chord. Is that correct?
  2. What does "accent a chord" mean?
  3. What happens when you plug your guitar into the Axe-FX, then plug the Axe-FX into your amp's effects loop? Do you get any sound? Do the Axe's input LEDs light up?

I would check your input levels on the Axe Fx and check your noise gate settings first. May be something easy like one of those two. Are you connected to the front input on the axe? Did you go through the I/O settings and make sure they are set up for how you are using your rig?

Let me make sure I understand the problem. We know the problem existed before the Axe-FX, so the Axe isn't the problem. A few questions:

1. When you're hooked up with 4CM, you get bursts of high volume when you let a chord ring out, or when you accent a chord. Is that correct?
  2. What does "accent a chord" mean?
  3. What happens when you plug your guitar into the Axe-FX, then plug the Axe-FX into your amp's effects loop? Do you get any sound? Do the Axe's input LEDs light up?

Accenting a chord: playing that chord slightly harder than others in syncopated rhythms to address the count.
I plugged it in last night again and i was getting the bursts of volume then in went back down and yes the input LED's came up. My friend and I found that if we select on the mesa boogie "bypass loop" that it was the problem. I'm assuming it didn't like the Mesa's parallel loop but nonetheless we fixed it. thanks for the help though!

I would check your input levels on the Axe Fx and check your noise gate settings first. May be something easy like one of those two. Are you connected to the front input on the axe? Did you go through the I/O settings and make sure they are set up for how you are using your rig?

Yea it was something small and easy I missed and we went through the I/O and changed a couple things for the routing but it ended up being that my amp' fx loop is the problem because when we selected the "bypass loop" on the mesa everything was perfect after that. thanks for your time and help!

I'm not sure he really has it bypassed. In his 12:00 post, unsetmike19 says that the problem was having "bypass loop" selected. Later, in his 12:04 post, he says that selecting "bypass loop" fixed the problem. It's not clear which of those two he's actually doing, but it seems to be working for him.

I had a similar problem with my 2 channel dual recto (before some f@cker stole it from my rehearsal space) it was one of the toggle switches on the back that caused the problem and not one related to the FX loop. Worth getting a tech to give it the once over.

Back
Top Bottom