AFIII Mesa Boogie MarkV:25 vs the Axe-Fx 3 USA IIC++ Model

Here's another small clip, this time I'm comparing my own Mesa Boogie MarkV:25 to the AXE-FX 3 USA IIC++ Model

I inserted the AMP into the AXE-FX 3 using a Two Notes Captor loadbox, everything else (all FX and CAB IR's) are the same, for a fair comparison.

In my opinion, the AXE-FX 3 is even better than the real deal, I conclude this because, although it can easily recreate the amp, you do have to dial it back a bit ... because it can do so much more, the sonic possibilities are endless, truly blown away.
It came out a little more compressed than the actual amp, mainly because of slightly different power amp settings that I didn't delve much into, no big deal here because it could have been adjusted.

First one is the real amp, then the model:

The guitar is a USA EVH Wolfgang, pretty much stock.

In post I normalized and balanced volumes and added a high pass at 50hz for both, as it came out a bit boomy.

Here are my settings:
mkv1.png mkv2.png
mkv3.png

Cheers!

AxeFx3 is way better, the amp is smooshing against a load box and can't really stretch out against speakers, the model is free to stretch out in la la land, sounds a lot more open.

Somebody build a reactive load box with an electromagnet connected to the plunger of a shock absorber, so that 90 watts of bees has something to connect it's fists to in the material world. That would open up the amp sound, if it can actually swing like it wants to. A load box sounds like watching a boxer fight with his arms tied to his sides.

Wow... great tones! At 0:13, with only one single note, "The spirit carries on" solo just came into my mind.

About the comparison: Axe sounds indeed more compressed than the real amp.

Of course, it's not a totally fair comparison because the Mark V in IIC+ mode is not the same circuit as the IIC+, but I'm still curious... how was your "Speaker drive settings"?

Once your are comparing the amp with a load box and same IR, I could be wrong but I think for accuracy those speaker drive settings should be "0".

Here's another small clip, this time I'm comparing my own Mesa Boogie MarkV:25 to the AXE-FX 3 USA IIC++ Model

I inserted the AMP into the AXE-FX 3 using a Two Notes Captor loadbox, everything else (all FX and CAB IR's) are the same, for a fair comparison.

In my opinion, the AXE-FX 3 is even better than the real deal, I conclude this because, although it can easily recreate the amp, you do have to dial it back a bit ... because it can do so much more, the sonic possibilities are endless, truly blown away.
It came out a little more compressed than the actual amp, mainly because of slightly different power amp settings that I didn't delve much into, no big deal here because it could have been adjusted.

First one is the real amp, then the model:

The guitar is a USA EVH Wolfgang, pretty much stock.

In post I normalized and balanced volumes and added a high pass at 50hz for both, as it came out a bit boomy.

Here are my settings:
View attachment 50920 View attachment 50921
View attachment 50922

Cheers!

Very nice,got the patch?

Whoa, I'm not a big fan of the Mesa sound in general, but this preset rocks. It's so tight. Great job.

Back
Top Bottom