MESA/Boogie CabClone Official Demo!!!

This looks pretty cool, a little lame IMHO that they have only one hard coded impedance setting per box, but I admit I have no idea what would be required of them to make that switchable. Tones on the recording all sound good enough through my computer speakers, would be nice to hear it with no additional production in an A/B scenario.

And... all analog. Plenty of digital products available, so this fills a market niche.

It does sound pretty good too.

And... all analog. Plenty of digital products available, so this fills a market niche.

I hope it is affordable, because it sounds great and is all analog so no power needed!! that is great!

And it is small and can be put on top of the amp!

So they copied what Palmer has been doing for years? Cool...

I agree. It sounds much like all of the other analog cab sims that have been out over the years. It has the same qualities as the Palmer and Red Box. I like this sound for mixing with miced cab IRs (using an IR of the analog cab sims). But on their own, I think these analog circuits sound lifeless and without character.

I agree. It sounds much like all of the other analog cab sims that have been out over the years. It has the same qualities as the Palmer and Red Box. I like this sound for mixing with miced cab IRs (using an IR of the analog cab sims). But on their own, I think these analog circuits sound lifeless and without character.

Sure does not sound lifeless on the demos! I could not find a Palmer unit that this Mesa price point $299.

It's a shame it doesn't allow you to turn off the cab sim, so you could use your own IRs in a DAW or something like the torpedo cab

Sean, i just talked to a Mesa guy and explained him this issue and he told me that if you want to use IRs there is a line out in the unit that it is not affected by the EQ curves of the speakers simulations! so there, we can use this unit!!!:)

I will place my pre order soon!!! i have a lot of great scenarios to use it and have fun with it.

Cheers.

Yup. Was a long-time PGA-04 user before Fractal existed and you have to do a fair bit of post-processing to get the recorded tones to sit right. I was never able to use it live -- couldn't get right with out it sounded live.

Yup. Was a long-time PGA-04 user before Fractal existed and you have to do a fair bit of post-processing to get the recorded tones to sit right. I was never able to use it live -- couldn't get right with out it sounded live.

Good thing this unit can be used with the Axe FX !!!!!, use your real amp with this unit and use the Axe FX as a UltraRes IR loader for recording!!! Perfect!

Good thing this unit can be used with the Axe FX !!!!!, use your real amp with this unit and use the Axe FX as a UltraRes IR loader for recording!!! Perfect!

Where did you see the price? And where are you pre-ordering it from? I also want to!

Back
Top Bottom