Megadeth got to taste their own medicine last night...

Just take it for what its worth. A pretty humorous event in the concert. If that happened at a concert I went to I would be chuckling about it also. Its popular to bash people for being ignorant on the net. Just remember we are all ignorant about something

also remember that clark got his personality tested and shared the results with us. With his personality profile he is basically allowed to be argumentative and insensitive. So his ass is covered.

What probably happened was MD was hired to come play at a festival.
Their rider include the agreement that no other stage would be live while they were playing. Management agreed to it and the deal was done.
Local Rap artist got his time on a separate stage cut short as he didn't go on stage on time nor was given the amount of time he thought he was going to get.
MG goes on, Local Rapper is pissed and decides he will retaliate against "The Man" who shut him down.
Local Rapper runs on stage disrupting the MD show, gathers attention to himself, and blames MD for all his problems.
Anyway, the truth is proabably somewhere in the middle. I am not a big MD fan, and if this is the type of venue they are now playing, then this is typical of what happens. The one thing I don't see when searching Google is MD complaining about QStock or the Disruptive Local Rapper.
Surprising to me, MD is being the professionals here.
Maybe the smell from the cooking fish was too much for the foreigners.
Maybe Disruptive Local Rapper had his time cut shut by management and he was pissed.
Maybe MD was being big princesses and caused all the problems.

Either way. I have no interest.

For your review. YouTube -> Local Rapper Crashes Megadeth Performance

All I see is some dude running around the stage looking for attention. I wouldn't have even known what the back story was without it being explained ... pretty ordinary stuff. It would have been funny if:

A) The rapper actually managed to get his music playing in the mains when he ran around.
B) He was waiving around some salmon on a stick
C) Dave Mustaine had done something like that to James Hetfield years ago.

Megadeath has their moments, regardless whether you like their music. They are pros. But this is a crazy thing, how could they not have known another act was on at the same time, albeit not very close to them? Strange for a band that tours the world. Makes you wonder.

They could have cranked it up and been heard for miles, the other act was just one guy. Makes them look real bad ... but I am not sure how things like this even get to that point.

Yek, please tell me you saw the video they posted of this "artists" music. I brought up the muscle thing because Clark Kent mentioned it, he seemed to really be smitten over the fact that he was trying to give Mustaine a shirt for some reason. Anyway, come on man, you know what I meant. Muscles + musicianship =awesome. Muscle + shitty rapping = garbage.

Oh well, this thread is getting out of control. :)

My point was that it doesn't matter what kind of music both artists were playing.
That's just a matter of taste. BTW, I like a lot of hip hop.

The other artist, whoever, has the right to perform.

I'm a regular visitor of festivals, and the ones I visit (> 50.000 people, 2 or more stages) never have the headliner of the day perform exclusively.

Finally, while Clark and I have had our 'discussions', I see no reason at all why he's being attacked here. It's the Lounge, after all.

...and a robber button is..?
unsure.gif

WOW, lots of hate for Megadeth...Its a killer band with amazing music....

Non the less, if the promoters do what ever Megadeth asks for its not Megadeth's fault, its the promoters!!!! I always ask for the BIG marshmallow guy from Ghostbusters to be next to our stage...they never comply. :(

while Clark and I have had our 'discussions', I see no reason at all why he's being attacked here. It's the Lounge, after all.

Yes, it is the lounge but Clark posted about something that was not going to be without polarized opinion and comments given the words that he used to build the story with. The main problem that I can see is the way that it came off, even though trying to be light and jokingly about it with the use of emocons wile at the same time his wording carried an underlying antagonistic and pompous attitude towards Megadeth and that lit the fuze with the Megadeth fans.

Bottom line, Clark created his own problems with harsh comments directed at him by using words that would elicit an aggravated response from others wether he ment to or not plan and simple.

Personally I don't really care about it or even see why Clark had to make it an issue, Rock stars will be Rock stars and when your as big as Megadeth your bound to have some issues and special requests.

I was introduced to Megadeth music when I was 15. I was so impressed. I had been following Metallica for years before that and never realised Megadeth even existed or what the history was. Its kind of like the feeling you get when you find something really cool that you thought you lost but has been there the whole time.

All those eastern influences in Marty's playing gave me the impression that Megadeth were pretty sophisticated guys musically, and I was hooked on the aggressive riffs and awesome melodies they created, especially in countdown to extinction (although that album tends to give me ear fatigue very quickly). I bought that tab book even though I didn't have a hope in the world of playing that stuff back then. Its good that their best albums each sound very different. At the moment, I actually like listening to Peace Sells the most.

I met Dave and the band's other guitarist of the day in 2001, at their new album signing. Dave was pretty douchy to me I have to say. Tried shaking hands with him - he somehow seemed surprised/annoyed by that and I just ended up shaking with the permanent marker he was holding in that hand. Asked for him to write a short personalised message on the pickgaurd of my guitar - he gave me this look as if I was dragging him through hell (honestly, I probably was, because according to his autobiography, he was still using at that time) - then he made a spelling mistake and I suggested an easy fix for it and he gave me another look, finished it off and sent me on my way.

I don't actively follow bands and stuff on the internet, so I am generally not up to speed with their dispositions etc.. later on I realised that Marty Friedman actually moved to Japan. I got a copy of his album Loudspeaker in 2008 and was happy to hear he still makes some nice music. Coloreas Mi Vida is such an awesome song. I eventually met Marty in 2010 in a QnA and signing session. Such a positive and friendly guy - hand shakes, hi fives, pickgaurd signings all-round!

Picked up Mustaine's autobiography a couple years ago. Definitely an interesting story he has, but seriously, he makes a lot of excuses (all the rockstars do this in their own books) and the picture he paints of himself is basically that of the completely reasonable, innocent guy that because of various circumstances got dragged into doing this or that bad thing. The persona he creates in his book just doesn't add up to the 'angry' look he always has - "Me Mustain.. Me angryyy". However, for him to have created so much good music during those times is a huge achievement.

Conclusion: Mustain should just shut up and play.

I don't much care for rap or metal. I read an interesting opinion about music--One has to have optimism and hope in order to write melody.

Megadeth makes Justin Bieber seem like a credible musician. Mgeadteh doesn't have a single hit worth mentioning, or giving a listen to. Bieber probably has a more mature and intelligent fan base as well I'm sure that are at least able to think for themselves, unlike any mgeadteh cber amri fan base.

everyone does not know that, and you just made some pretty ridiculous statements....they are one of the defining artists of their genre and have been making music for almost 3 decades. absolutely ridiculous posts....

Megadeth makes Justin Bieber seem like a credible musician. Mgeadteh doesn't have a single hit worth mentioning, or giving a listen to. Bieber probably has a more mature and intelligent fan base as well I'm sure that are at least able to think for themselves, unlike any mgeadteh cber amri fan base.

With a 30 year history and 17 albums under their belt... someones listing :?. How do you even qualify that post?

Back
Top Bottom