MC-6. Small, fully programmable midi controller

Any of you guys have a MC6 hooked up MIDI along with a MFC101 hooked up via FasLink? Does it work?

Thanks,

Roger

This stuff is really great ..
is it possible to send a PC from my AX8 to switch banks on the MC-6 ??
If yes, how ???
It would be great since each preset my AX8 could have its MC-6 bank.

Oh yes we would really like I rejoiced the evolution of this firmware thank you very much I am exploding with banks a really great complement !!!

tempting tempting, so much programmability in a great form factor. Smaller than a Strymon. Compare that to my upgraded FCB1010 (which is on sale..)

Just wondering: it has 7 pin midi connectors. Does that mean bidirectional midi and phantom power in one 7 pin cable?

We're looking into making a powered 8 switch controller for the MC6, so you could have dedicated Bank Up/Down controls along with the additional 6 switches, and then you could have your expression inputs still available for the expression pedals. We're doing our best to keep the price down for this.
This would be awesome. I'd be very interested in this configuration for my touring board.

So i'd need two cables to see the tuner in its display? Not a big issue tho.

And i was wondering: most of you guys write about it as a second controller. Any experiences with it as a primary foot controller?

I mostly stack patches and scenes together under one stompbox switch. ie off = patch 1 and scene 1; on = patch 1 scene 2; then some extra fx as IA's. I can imagine only six buttons and one / two pedals would work for me. I'd love to hear your opinions.

Firmware update (Beta)

We have got the v2.2 firmware up and ready. We have tested it but it is still in beta until after some user tests. There are some new features that we got from feedback (thanks everyone!).

One feature I'm excited about is that the MC6 now has PC and CC Midi read functions. You can now bank up/down and call extra presets with CC messages. You can also jump between banks with PC messages (@Stadelmann you will like this).

If you are into DIY and can do some simple coding, you could build a very simple midi controller that sends CC or PC messages per switch to extend the MC6 function. I'm definitely looking to build myself an 8 switch controller to call that extra 6 presets that the MC6 has, plus 2 dedicated switches for bank up/down. I'll share the code when it is ready.

You can find the hex file and change log here:
https://github.com/Morningstar-Engineering/MC6-Midi-Controller/releases/tag/v2.2-beta

EDIT
Built one controller today for myself. It is a simple Arduino-based midi controller using an Arduino Micro. I chose the Micro because there's already a 9v regulator on the board, so you could more or less use the micro without any extra components. The controller allows me to bank up and down on the MC6, as well as call Presets G - L.

Sharing the code if anyone wants to try: https://github.com/Morningstar-Engineering/Morningstar-External-Midi-Controller

313q2if.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to call MorningstarFx with a problem, my yamaha FC7 exp pedals were giving me a jittery response. I found out they used a 50k pot which was higher than the recommended amount. So I got some resisters to put in parallel with the pot, but inside the plug housing. Big surprise, new software, and it gave options for higher value pots, worked like a charm, plus many other cool options.

MC6 RULES !!!

Probleme: is it possible to connect two switch types Boss FS 7 in the two input MC6. If yes, how ??
Indeed when I plug in FC7 1 input 1 it works very well and if I plug the second FC7 also configured switch in input 2 it freezes the screens on the main display.
Thank you for your response.fs7.jpg

Probleme: is it possible to connect two switch types Boss FS 7 in the two input MC6. If yes, how ??
Indeed when I plug in FC7 1 input 1 it works very well and if I plug the second FC7 also configured switch in input 2 it freezes the screens on the main display.
Thank you for your response.View attachment 33603

Hi @Stadelmann , just checking, is your second FS7 set to the same settings as the first FS7? The switching function should be set to momentary.

I already configured recess (Hold down D + F before powering up), Then go to the CfgInp (Configure input) menu. But then it's still frozen on the screen like the picture and I can not do anything.
But I have already set the input 2 with one of my two FC7 and it already works perfectly, I have configured bank UP Down Bank.
But if I configure input 1 switch the screen freezes.

I already configured recess (Hold down D + F before powering up), Then go to the CfgInp (Configure input) menu. But then it's still frozen on the screen like the picture and I can not do anything.
But I have already set the input 2 with one of my two FC7 and it already works perfectly, I have configured bank UP Down Bank.
But if I configure input 1 switch the screen freezes.
just an easy check, swap footswitchs to MC6

The screen will hang because the MC6 is reading that a switch is being pressed down. That will mean that the Tip or Ring of the stereo cable is short to ground. So either the stereo cable or FS7 has an issue and is pulling the signal to ground. Of course, we won't rule out that this issue might lie with his MC6. It's not a software problem though because we have just re-tested this.

We're working with @Stadelmann to troubleshoot this, and will send him a firmware to test the inputs:)

EDIT: @Stadelmann updated us that his MC6 is working well now. Hurrah!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom