May we please have your input on trim / handle preferences ?

MatrixAmp

Inspired
Hi there,
We have moved factory and are continuing with R&D.
We would like your input on which trim and handle preferences you would prefer to see on a 2x12 horizontal FRFR cab.

Trim choice examples
X212-Trim-Choice.jpg

Handle choice options
X212-Handle-Choice.jpg

We look forward to your thoughts.

My best regards
Matt

The white piping has my preference. (Maybe only because it reminds me of Marshalls.) The side handles apear to me to be a lot more sturdy.

IMO the side handles are too invasive, the less wood removed the better the cab. As for the piping I prefer the piping that matches the head I'm using with the cab, so perhaps that should be an option.

The white piping has my preference. (Maybe only because it reminds me of Marshalls.) The side handles apear to me to be a lot more sturdy.
this^ I've been moving around a bunch of cabs this weekend, side handles a re a blessing over something like a single "strap on top of a cab (what was Mesa thinking? )
the Corner joint grips will work if the cab weight is light enough

but anyway....2X12 FRFR cab?? yes!!!!!!

I like the recessed handles very much.....my GB gflex cabs have them on the top corners which I think makes it much easier to lift than if directly on the sides. Not a fan of the straps on top at all. The white piping is fine with or without.

The screens look good to. The screen on my GB gflex cabs are metal and really have held up over the years with keeping the front protected.

Will these be stereo cabs? Looking good ;)

straps on top, no. 2x12 oh yea, marshall white piping, If we only could choose the "logo/print" on the front as well.
EG, I want my cabs to have "Mr Guitarabuse" in marshall kind-of style on the front.. oh yeaa!!

well, well, one can only wish ;)

Side handles, no top handles but could be offered as an option maybe. White Piping but gold looks ok too.

Will these cabs be stereo or mono ?

Of course I'd see this a few days after giving up on a guitar cab form factor and getting a wedge. Heh. +1 for white piping (or none) and side handles.

Reactions: LVC
Side handles, no top handles but could be offered as an option maybe. White Piping but gold looks ok too.

Will these cabs be stereo or mono ?

This cab has been created as mono, with speakers that Andy is having built for Matrix within Europe. ( His relationships established over 30 years within the pro audio industry have enabled us to have something truly special created )

My best regards
Matt

Last edited:
I have a 2-12 cabinet that looks to be close to the size of your cabinet. It has one embedded handle like you have on the side of your cabinet; but on my cabinet, it is on the top. Unless your cabinet is extremely heavey, I think one embedded handle on the top would be sufficient. The embedded handle on the top is preferred, since it gives you a flat surface to put your rack gear or amp.

I prefer the white piping (or black if that would be an option).

I agree with ^, I'd prefer one embedded handle on the top of the cab in the middle (assuming the cab is fairly lightweight). I like the top of the cab to be completely flat.

Reactions: LVC
recessed side handles (no top handles) for me. I prefer the traditional layout when it comes to things like that and in real life situations side handles have worked great since decades.

Back
Top Bottom