Maximizing Axe FX III use with generator

I live in Houston and I still don't have power at my place since Monday morning (7/8) after hurricane Beryl done barreled through this place. At this point I and over 1,000,000 other Houstonians could very well not have power through this weekend. And while we all might be experiencing some circle of Dante's Inferno together, you want to know what makes ME different (ie BETTER) than those 1,000,000+ (maybe save a few)? I'm still gonna rock out on my AFX!!! I play my Axe everyday and I'll damned if I'm gonna stop now just because "critical infrastructure is out of power" or because some stupid politician says there's a "heat advisory" just because it's 97 degrees and extremely humid and my building doesn't have AC. To me, all that stupid bull sh*t just means you don't know what it likes to have a super dope preset dialed in just how you like waiting for you when you get home. I don't need AC! Do you know how many cool IRs and dynacabs are in the Axe FX?? Yeah exactly, that'll keep me cool for days even in the Texas heat! I don't need cell or internet service. My Axe is all the entertainment and people interaction I want.

However, I will have to use my Jackery generator to power my Axe FX (link: https://www.jackery.com/products/ex...eQquElcs-Otss3VYaD7gkQgTcMeQypDRoCtQQQAvD_BwE). Its rated at 240Wh capacity and 200W. I looked up and saw the AFX3 is rated at 40W, and I will be using a fan at the same time that in practice I see is ~30-35W. So what I want to know is: are there any things I can do to make my Axe FX as energy efficient as possible? I'm gonna leave the fc12 unconnected but I'm curious if things like volume/number of blocks/connecting it to my laptop to use Axe edit will have any effect on it's power usage? Thanks for any advice and I hope everyone is staying safe!

PS I don't actually think I'm better than anyone else and if you're from Houston too I hope you're ok

This reads like satire (and I hope it is). Would you really waste precious energy just so you can play your AXE?
Lol I mean the first paragraph is just in fun, but yeah I'm totally serious about still using the Axe. It's all about priorities I guess, but it just gets so boring with nothing else to do and I do play everyday. So 40W on that versus other stuff, I'm choosing guitar

Lol I mean the first paragraph is just in fun, but yeah I'm totally serious about still using the Axe. It's all about priorities I guess, but it just gets so boring with nothing else to do and I do play everyday. So 40W on that versus other stuff, I'm choosing guitar
When the tornados came through WV and knocked my power out for two days, I too absolutely played my amps and axe fx on my generator 💪

Can't entirely blame you. I'm just north of Houston and was playing while the storm blew through.

I live in Houston and I still don't have power at my place since Monday morning (7/8) after hurricane Beryl done barreled through this place. At this point I and over 1,000,000 other Houstonians could very well not have power through this weekend. And while we all might be experiencing some circle of Dante's Inferno together, you want to know what makes ME different (ie BETTER) than those 1,000,000+ (maybe save a few)? I'm still gonna rock out on my AFX!!! I play my Axe everyday and I'll damned if I'm gonna stop now just because "critical infrastructure is out of power" or because some stupid politician says there's a "heat advisory" just because it's 97 degrees and extremely humid and my building doesn't have AC. To me, all that stupid bull sh*t just means you don't know what it likes to have a super dope preset dialed in just how you like waiting for you when you get home. I don't need AC! Do you know how many cool IRs and dynacabs are in the Axe FX?? Yeah exactly, that'll keep me cool for days even in the Texas heat! I don't need cell or internet service. My Axe is all the entertainment and people interaction I want.

However, I will have to use my Jackery generator to power my Axe FX (link: https://www.jackery.com/products/ex...eQquElcs-Otss3VYaD7gkQgTcMeQypDRoCtQQQAvD_BwE). Its rated at 240Wh capacity and 200W. I looked up and saw the AFX3 is rated at 40W, and I will be using a fan at the same time that in practice I see is ~30-35W. So what I want to know is: are there any things I can do to make my Axe FX as energy efficient as possible? I'm gonna leave the fc12 unconnected but I'm curious if things like volume/number of blocks/connecting it to my laptop to use Axe edit will have any effect on it's power usage? Thanks for any advice and I hope everyone is staying safe!

PS I don't actually think I'm better than anyone else and if you're from Houston too I hope you're ok
Hopefully you have your power back by now. We got power at our Livingston home Wed. afternoon around 4:30 and here at our ranch (east of Livingston) overnight sometime. Last time I looked 47 percent of our county (Polk) was still without power. It has certainly been tough!

Hopefully you have your power back by now. We got power at our Livingston home Wed. afternoon around 4:30 and here at our ranch (east of Livingston) overnight sometime. Last time I looked 47 percent of our county (Polk) was still without power. It has certainly been tough!
Thanks for the update! I still didn't have power as of 8:30 this morning before going into work, but glad some people are getting it!

Not quite. But my wife ‘91 went there, and I have 2 of my kids there now, future classes of ‘25 and ‘27.
Cool! I'll bet that's not cheap! I started in fall of '69, graduated in spring of '73, four years, eight semesters. I lived on campus the whole time. My lowest cost for a semester (which in included tuition, fees, parking, sports tickets, room, food, laundry, and medical care) was $525. The highest was $675. My entire four years cost slightly less than $5K. What a bargain that was! About all I had to buy extra was books. My guess is that it's now way more than ten times that amount.

I don't need cell or internet service.
So how are you posting this?

J/K!

Man I couldn't imagine, although I share your attitude when it comes to having killer tones that make you wanna play EVERY SINGLE DAY, which I do too, pretty much.

But where I live we have been in the 90's for the past couple weeks, with high, HIGH humidity, and I've been working on a framing project, inside a house, under a tarp (partially covering the parts of the house we had to demo out of our way so we could build the new parts), and it's hell! A fan only helps so much.

(Reminder to self: buy one with some sort of mister...)

There's no way I could sit in my house with no A/C, and play my guitar. So kudos to you brother!

Hope you get your power back soon my sister got her power back Tuesday. In Lake Jackson they were in the process of putting aa whole house generator in the day the storm hit.
Most generators make dirty power and it is not good for electronics you want to use inverted power which is a smooth power source not as spiky as non inverted.
We had to use are generator for 2 weeks after Hurricane Michael

I get it though a little normal is nice after a disaster I get it. Be safe hope relief comes soon!

Back
Top Bottom