MATRIX resellers in US?

ngstime

Inspired
All this talk of the Matrix GT800FX has me really interested
But is there anyplace in the US selling them or plans to carry their stuff?

Buying direct from the UK is such a turn off
The exchange sux....
Shipping takes forever....

All this talk of the Matrix GT800FX has me really interested
But is there anyplace in the US selling them or plans to carry their stuff?

Buying direct from the UK is such a turn off
The exchange sux....
Shipping takes forever....

I haven't seen any discussion... it might be better to email Matrix and get it straight from the horse.

delivery isnt bad in truth. its about 3 days I think and as they make a batch every month - and so far they've been pretty much all pre-sold you may be waiting longer for the amp to be built than shipped.

As for Exchange rate - now you know how we in the UK (an EU too) feel :) in 2008, when i bought the Axe the rate was $2 to £1. the £ then crashed to £1 = $1.40 which put the price of the Axe up by roughly 50% !!! Despite the resent change, you still have a much better rate now than most of history (in the 80s it was 31 to $3). US stuff is very expensive over here :(

At the end of the day - it costs what it costs. Youre either prepare to pay it or your not.

Ngstime,

No offence but if you do not like it then just buy a Class D Carvin SS-amp. Not available outside the US and a real US made product.

Have fun.

Regards

IMHO I think it'll be something that Matrix will look at somepoint down the line and more importantly, if the deal is right. I'm sure if they get some offers then they'll consider it.

How much is shipping from EU to US for the Matrix? It looks like the factory price is around 800 USD. I'm looking into getting a poweramp and a couple of passive Atomic Reactor floor wedges this summer, but is the Matrix really worth 600+ over something like an ART SLA-2?

DADA,
No offense taken, I am also considering Carvin as well.
---------

The sticker shock of converting pounds to dollars is always a total drag.
Especially when it's around 2 to 1
The current exchange plus shipping for the GT800FX is $862
But there will also be an import tax slapped on there when it finally gets to you too.
It could easily push the total price to over $1000.
Plus there is always the gamble that it could get stuck in Customs for months
Now we're starting to surpass the used tubed power amp market too :|
Is it worth it? I dunno, but you guys hype this power amp as "the" power amp for the AxeFx

I'm not necessarily bitching about how it is, is how it is.
Just would rather explore getting it through a reseller here in the states, to avoid any BS ;)
I know I can't be alone about it.
Being there are more AxeFx users here in the states than in the UK, I hope it is something Matrix considers eventually.
Perhaps it could be done through Cliff/FAS 8)

I'll probably look into the Matrix down the road when it is more feasible

Being there are more AxeFx users here in the states than in the UK, I hope it is something Matrix considers eventually.

The guys at Matrix aren't fools. They realise the biggest market is the US. They have plenty of options open to them and they're certainly "thinking big" in terms of the future. Let's hope someone in the US does want to distribute this excellent product. Win win situation for everyone then IMHO

DADA,
No offense taken, I am also considering Carvin as well.
---------

The sticker shock of converting pounds to dollars is always a total drag.
Especially when it's around 2 to 1
The current exchange plus shipping for the GT800FX is $862
But there will also be an import tax slapped on there when it finally gets to you too.
It could easily push the total price to over $1000.
Plus there is always the gamble that it could get stuck in Customs for months
Now we're starting to surpass the used tubed power amp market too :|
Is it worth it? I dunno, but you guys hype this power amp as "the" power amp for the AxeFx

I'm not necessarily bitching about how it is, is how it is.
Just would rather explore getting it through a reseller here in the states, to avoid any BS ;)
I know I can't be alone about it.

Ngstime,

You have a point. There is only one thing missing. If Matrix is going this way there will be a US reseller who also want a piece of the cake. The result would probably be that the price of the amp would be at least the same if not higher. It is a bit like what you pay in the US for an axe-fx and we here in Europe via G66.

Just a thought,

Regards

I ordered my Matrix this morning, what sold me is the attention to detail in design knowing they had modeling in mind instead of a generic multi-purpose SS amp for sound reinforcement.
The VHT is a great amp but to heavy, the Mesa is a fine amp but on the dark side. There is the issue of maintaining them, tubes etc.. I wanted a maintenance free great sounding alternative.
My motto is if you go cheap you get cheap. Not always the case but more often than not. Good components and engineering cost money. From the reviews I have read so far it appears to be the
perfect match for the Axe.

I ordered my Matrix this morning, what sold me is the attention to detail in design knowing they had modeling in mind instead of a generic multi-purpose SS amp for sound reinforcement.
The VHT is a great amp but to heavy, the Mesa is a fine amp but on the dark side. There is the issue of maintaining them, tubes etc.. I wanted a maintenance free great sounding alternative.
My motto is if you go cheap you get cheap. Not always the case but more often than not. Good components and engineering cost money. From the reviews I have read so far it appears to be the
perfect match for the Axe.

Congrats,

I could not agree more. You really gonna love this amp.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom