Matrix NL12 sound problem

Hi everyone. Im using axe fxII, matrix gt1000 fx and Matrix NL12. When cab simulation is on i can change eq bass mid treble nicely. But when i turn off cab sims, there is not any bass at all. Even I crank up bass to eleven it sounds still poor and skinny. Does anyone have a suggest ? thanks

Hi everyone. Im using axe fxII, matrix gt1000 fx and Matrix NL12. When cab simulation is on i can change eq bass mid treble nicely. But when i turn off cab sims, there is not any bass at all. Even I crank up bass to eleven it sounds still poor and skinny. Does anyone have a suggest ? thanks

Check to make sure your Power Amp sim is set to 'on'

Post your preset

1) check your global EQ to make sure you do not have bass FQ lowered.
2) Check your amp EQ to make sure you are not lowering bass eq

Also you need at least 15-20 hours to break in a new speaker.

I have zero issues with bass with my setup.

attached is a preset I gig with (guitar Suhr korina antique tele with humbuckers) -- and this preset sits extremely well in the mix.

Scenes 1-3 uses a fender Twin
Scenes 4-5 uses the Friedman BE

Since the speaker is new you might want to turn on the filter in the preset (right after the amp).

Attachments

• Fried Twin HB NL12.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thank you very much. global and amp eq is in default. i will try your preset thank you very much for your support. regards.

Make sure you are not in bridged mode on the amp and still coming out of output A or B. What I/O setting do you have on the Axe Fx? Stereo, Copy L>R or Sum L+R?

Reactions: LVC
Im using stereo mode on gt 1000fx. and using a channel. and on axe fx II i tried all combinations. stereo, copy L>R and Sum L+R. also i tried mono mode on gt 1000fx.

Like LVC said. Post your preset, so someone can confirm or see if something is off.

Like LVC said. Post your preset, so someone can confirm or see if something is off.

Like I said -- if you check my preset it sits in the mix pretty good.

As a matter of fact, I actually had to knock the bass down a bit during my first gig with the NL12.

The other thing is how much bass are you going for?

If you are going for a hip/hop "speakers in the trunk of your low rider" type of bass -- you are not going to get that out of the NL12 :lol

5331642240_debb6b1968_z.jpg

Last edited:
One more thing --- are you using a speaker cable or an instrument/patch cable?

Post your preset

1) check your global EQ to make sure you do not have bass FQ lowered.
2) Check your amp EQ to make sure you are not lowering bass eq

Also you need at least 15-20 hours to break in a new speaker.

I have zero issues with bass with my setup.

attached is a preset I gig with (guitar Suhr korina antique tele with humbuckers) -- and this preset sits extremely well in the mix.

Scenes 1-3 uses a fender Twin
Scenes 4-5 uses the Friedman BE

Since the speaker is new you might want to turn on the filter in the preset (right after the amp).
First off all thank you very much everyone. Its good to see that there are still helpful people without any expectation. LVC your preset worked really nice. plus i updated axe fx to fw12 firmware. Soon i will record a demo and post here and if u share your opinion i will be pleased. plus do you have more presets which u use with NL12 ? thanks

Here are the patches I gig with

Humbuckers
1. Fried Twin HB NL12
Scene 1 Twin Clean Rhythm
Scene 2 Twin Clean with Comp
Scene 3 Twin AC Boost (lite grit/low gain)
Scene 4 Friedman BE (Crunch)
Scene 5 Friedman BE (lead)

2. ODS 100- Lead HB NL12
Scene 1 ( Melody lines/chords delay lower in mix)
Scene 2 Boost with delay higher in mix (solos)

Single Coil
1. Fried Twin SC NL12c
Scene 1 Twin Clean Rhythm
Scene 2 Twin Clean with Comp
Scene 3 Twin AC Boost (lite grit/low gain)
Scene 4 Freidman BE (Crunch)
Scene 5 Friedman BE (lead)

2. ODS 100- Lead SC NL12
Scene 1 ( Melody lines/chords delay lower in mix)
Scene 2 Boost with delay higher in mix (solos)

Attachments

• Fried Twin HB NL12.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ODS-100 Lead HB NL12.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Fried Twin SC NL12c.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ODS-100 Lead SC NL12.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
This one is a variation on the Fried Twin SC NL12c -- I am experimenting with the EQ to get a warmer John Mayer type of clean tone. Not finished -- still working on Scene 1 but you'll get the idea where I am trying to go with this (especially in the 2/4 positions on the strat)

Attachments

• Fried Twin SC NL12d.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
your tweaked version sounded beteter. actually yours presets are better then that factory preset.

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know how to do any advanced stuff that some of the cats around here do and frankly I really do not have any use for it for the type of music I play with my band.

I just look at the Axe the same way I look at my tube amp and pedalboard. So far this approach has worked for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom