Matrix NL12 - as good as a 2x12??

Just got the tracking number. Those bad boys are supposed land on the Ohio shore this week. Mind. Blown. So, how does the tax/duty work, if I end up having to pay that? Is that something UPS collects? Credit card? I don't want to be caught off guard and have some sort of snag cause a shipping delay.

Just got the tracking number. Those bad boys are supposed land on the Ohio shore this week. Mind. Blown. So, how does the tax/duty work, if I end up having to pay that? Is that something UPS collects? Credit card? I don't want to be caught off guard and have some sort of snag cause a shipping delay.

Usually about 4.9% of the value IF you get hit. The amps tend to get through under the radar but cabs can be 50/50. UPS should collect on behalf of Uncle Sam.

Luckily someone was home at my house to write a check. It was ~$26-28, can't remember, and I think only check was acceptable. Anyone else if only a check works for UPS?

It will be about $23 or so if I remember right. I ended up missing the shipment to my door so I picked it up at UPS and paid with a Money Order (UPS won't do cash). It is Cash on Delivery (C.O.D.). Once it is up at the UPS site, you should be able to see how much more you'll owe or even give them a call. I can't remember if you can pay by check. Not sure about credit card either. They had the amount on a note left on my door so I knew the exact amount.

Handed a check last week to the UPS man for my NL12.... and it was $28.02

Love it !!!, and have another on the way for the other channel of my GT800FX :pride:

I have had CLRs since March. It's been a lot of work to get to "pretty good". My tone is definitely solid when I am with the band. It's the hours practicing alone that leave me wanting more. Best of luck to you.

Two NL12s just got delivered. Woo Hoo!!! Kudos to Matrix for outstanding customer service.

I did not have to pay any additional tax/duty/fees, so I'm pretty happy about that. I won't have any serious free time time to test drive these until Saturday -- not so happy about that.

A lot of it is in the speaker. That HK 112 probably has a Vintage 30 in it. They sound really harsh, thin and fizzy to my ears. Try something fatter and smoother sounding, the Eminence Texas Heat is great.

The Matrix cabinets are really overpriced for what they are. I build my own cabinets and it costs me about £70-80 to build an unloaded 2x12 with the highest quality materials available, and they must be able to build it even cheaper buying the materials in bulk. There's plenty of cheaper cabinets out there that will do the job just as well.

Back
Top Bottom