Matrix Neolight NL212 traditional cab

I think I'm going to sell a quad to found one of these, GAS has the better of me.

I am telling you bro -- once you use one of these suckers there is absolutely no turning back.

Everything I thow at my NL12 sounds incredible.

Thanks!
Yes it's a great cab (like the NL12)
It's the amp room sound.
Sound coming from my Zoom Q3 HD stereo mic.

Here is a little video demo of two NL212 in stereo with a Matrix GT1000FX, Friedman BE model and a Suhr Modern guitar.

Axe FX 2 Friedman BE /Matrix GT1000FX /Matrix NL212/ Suhr Modern - YouTube

Holy crap mate, that sounds amazing! Do you use it for live use as well? What kind of volume level was this at? Do you find you need to tweak patches to work with your cab differently to monitors?
Sorry for the barrage of questions but I have the exact same setup as you and am craving those kind of results. I think my current guitar cab is killing the sound even though it's been a great cab for tube amps. I was thinking about a FRFR212 but again I still want the option of taking a normal amp out should the need arise.

Holy crap mate, that sounds amazing! Do you use it for live use as well? What kind of volume level was this at? Do you find you need to tweak patches to work with your cab differently to monitors?
Sorry for the barrage of questions but I have the exact same setup as you and am craving those kind of results. I think my current guitar cab is killing the sound even though it's been a great cab for tube amps. I was thinking about a FRFR212 but again I still want the option of taking a normal amp out should the need arise.

Thanks a lot!

I use NL cabs for live gigs and rehearsals of course.
I only use them for monitoring, direct signal from Axe FX2 goes to FOH.
I dont like to play with FRFR cabs so these NL cabs are the best solution for me.
It sounds great to my NL12 or NL212 without tweaking any presets , I'm using global EQ on output 2 (lightly) and cab sim OFF

The level was low on the video (no gig level) but it could be played very loud and still sounds good.
For me, these cabs are better than regular guitar cabs (I have Mesa, Bogner, Two Rock cabs at home to compare) but I still prefer these regular cabs for tube amps.
NL cabs are more neutral.
It's great for modelers but lack some color for my tubes amps (but it works).
So I think you'll be not disappointed if you use them with your axe fx rig and sometimes tubes amps.

Thanks a lot!

I use NL cabs for live gigs and rehearsals of course.
I only use them for monitoring, direct signal from Axe FX2 goes to FOH.
I dont like to play with FRFR cabs so these NL cabs are the best solution for me.
It sounds great to my NL12 or NL212 without tweaking any presets , I'm using global EQ on output 2 (lightly) and cab sim OFF

The level was low on the video (no gig level) but it could be played very loud and still sounds good.
For me, these cabs are better than regular guitar cabs (I have Mesa, Bogner, Two Rock cabs at home to compare) but I still prefer these regular cabs for tube amps.
NL cabs are more neutral.
It's great for modelers but lack some color for my tubes amps (but it works).
So I think you'll be not disappointed if you use them with your axe fx rig and sometimes tubes amps.

It sound really cool to my ears. Same set up here too. I use mine for monitoring at gigs and at room levels too. And a light eq alt output2. Could you share your golbal eq? Now I do nos have my axe with me to show you mine but I can write down mine in two days after nex gig. Well... shairing that preset would be fine too.

Reactions: LVC

would love to see the global EQ settings you are using for the NL12 (I have not used any)

thanks

It sound really cool to my ears. Same set up here too. I use mine for monitoring at gigs and at room levels too. And a light eq alt output2. Could you share your golbal eq? Now I do nos have my axe with me to show you mine but I can write down mine in two days after nex gig. Well... shairing that preset would be fine too.

Global eq : -2dB at 8kHz and 16 Khz other than that it's flat.
Preset: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Friedman BE - by Tonic

It's a really simple patch with mimic off, triode hardness off to sound like V9 firmware

Output 1 XLR --- studio monitors or FOH
Output 2 jacks --- Matrix GT1000 in stereo
Output L and R Matrix --- Two NL cabs.

Fxl block is the send for output 2 so I put all other blocks before it (amp, effects) and the last block is cab block for output 1 FRFR.
It has to be stereo (or two cab blocks) if you want stereo effects.

That's it ! best of both world.
Mixing FRFR with real cabs is really great I think

Output 1 XLR --- studio monitors or FOH
Output 2 jacks --- Matrix GT1000 in stereo
Output L and R Matrix --- Two NL cabs.

Fxl block is the send for output 2 so I put all other blocks before it (amp, effects) and the last block is cab block for output 1 FRFR.
It has to be stereo (or two cab blocks) if you want stereo effects.

That's it ! best of both world.
Mixing FRFR with real cabs is really great I think

So you connect Output 2 Jack from the Axe to input A in the Matrix (set Matrix to stereo)

Out 1 (Xlr) from the Axe is what you feed frfr or PA

Yes thats it ;)

All I have to do is change a couple of cables in the back.

I had my connections panel setup so I could do cab/FRFR/FOH

file_zps80c3ff30.jpg

So I'm assuming cab sims are off for the signal going to nl12?

If so, what cab are you using for you FOH feed?

Back
Top Bottom