Matrix GT1600 or GT1000???

newfrg2620

Hello. Noob here to this forum.

I'm almost ready to order an AXE FX 2. I have been doing a lot of research for the past 2 years trying to figure out my next amp purchase and it is finally settled on the AXE FX 2.

I have been using a dual rectifier for the past 3 years. Was never truly happy with it but I made work. Before that I had a Peavey triple XXX. I sold it to buy the dual rectifier and kinda still regret it to this day lol.

Anyhow, I'm just a few hundred bucks short in savings on getting the AXE FX 2. It will be ordered by spring hopefully.

My question is: What matrix amp to buy?? I have narrowed it down to the matrix because of research and I have played an AXE FX 2 through an GT800fx with a homemade 2x12 cab. It sounded killer!!!

I want to use the classic 4x12 and power amp setup for various reasons. Mainly because I am keeping my dual rec cab and I have an older marshall 4x12 that's still in great shape.

Will the 1000 have enough headroom/ volume?? Or should I go with the 1600??? Can I run 2 4x12 cabs with the 1600???

I play at certain venues where its just drums and vocals through the house pa. Guitars and bass are on their own. My dual rectifier always had more than enough jam to keep up and I still want to be able to do so..

All feedback is greatly appreciated
Thanks

$$$ is not an option. I'm just not familiar with wattage/ohms and how they work in comparison. All I know is I still want to be able to use my 4x12 cabs. Not sure if the 1600 would be overkill or not. Thanks Scott!!!

Was that using a 4x12 cab? I would also like to have the option to run 2 4x12 cabs at some outdoor shows.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I have the gt1000fx. U can run 2 speakers, any ohm-watt combination u want....as far as i know they dont need to be the same
on each channel....

And...man yes, its loud enough. I played a gig with this amp, drums and sax through PA.
guitar just the gt1000fx and 2 nl12s....it was a loud band, loud gig...really loud and i had no issues, still had lots of headroom.

GT1000fx here. I run my axe fx thru to a 4x12 cab and my buddy runs his 11rack into a 4x12 cab and we are only about half way up on the volume at large shows. Imagine what youd get with one cab in bridge mode...

With one 4x12, the Matrix GM-50 would be fine. I use one for venues like you describe.

You can use 2 4x12's, one side of the GT800-- or 1000 - into each if you really want to. But wave bye bye to your hearing and other players.

My GT800 works very well for PA in small venues, and even better with NL12 and / or EVM cabs for stereo backline - but only on large stages with Output 1 into a large FOH.

Thanks for the advice. Another reason I decided to with an AXE Fx 2 is because of the community you people have here. 1 like the idea of the gt1000fx only taking up one rack space.. Thanks once again!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Reactions: LVC
Back
Top Bottom