Matrix CFR FRFR Cabs, GT1500FXBD Power Amp, Ownhammer & AxeFX 2 Video

xpenno

Power User
Hi guys,

it's late here so I'll keep it short, just a video of some random noodles with the gear mentioned above, hopefully video says 1000 words. The matrix CFRs and GT1500FXBD are so freakin' sweat I can't tell you how much I love them, it's the perfect match for Axe2, add the Ownhammer and it's a killer rig!

Need sleep! More to come....

Cheers

Spence

Sounds great, Spence! If you get a chance, could you do another vid where you use some different IRs to show how different they can sound through a quality FRFR setup like this?

does sound good which IR's were you using in this vid (I know the OH beta's but which one(s))

Sounds great, Spence! If you get a chance, could you do another vid where you use some different IRs to show how different they can sound through a quality FRFR setup like this?

Yeah I'll give it a go over the next few days if I get chance.

I like that combo of IRs. I've been using the same IRs in a stereo cab. Does sound good! Love the LP man!

Good stuff! I saw your clip on Youtube earlier and was pretty impressed with the tone you were getting. I gotta try one of those Matrix cabs!

Of course, two speakers sound great, and great is good; but, you should try THREE SPEAKERS!!! We tried it out, for wet/dry/wet, at Axe Fest UK: It sounded awesome. The only problem is that you have to be there to get the full 3D goodness of it all: Like many things it doesn't translate as good onto youtube. I could be on my way to getting a 3rd CFR12 after last weekend.

I was at the Bristol Guitar Show when they were demoing the 1500 and the CFRs and they certainly proved to have plenty of what it takes to make me happy. It's nice to have confidence in your kit.

Did you find that your sounds didn't take too much dialling in?

Back
Top Bottom