Matrix and NL12 problems

55bar

Inspired
Just connected my axe 2 to my matrix power amp, brand new leads, NOTHING! No sound! I'm sure it's something simple that when I look at it tomorrow I'll sort but what are the first things I should check?

Scent from my ismell

Need more info:

Are your Axe inputs lighting up?
Did you check your guitar cable?
Do you have active pick ups that have a dead battery attached to them?
What Output are you using on the Axe?
Is the volume up for that Output?
If you're using Output 2, did select the global option to copy the signal to that Output?
Is your Matrix Amp powering up (red lights)?
Do you have another power amp to swap out and try (to determine if the issue is the amp)?
Do you have another cab to to swap out and try (to determine if the issue is the cab)?
Do you have extra cables to try when going from Axe to Matrix?
Do you have extra cables to try when going from Matrix to Cab?
When everything is powered up do you hear any hiss from the Cab that would signify that the Matrix amp is sending 'something' to the cab?
Do you have another Pre-Amp to plug into the Matrix Amp and Cab?

Lots of variables here......

Thank you so much for your reply, I'll go through your check list tomorrow AM and see if it's any of those. I'm presuming it's my ignorance rather than faulty gear.

I haven't changed anything on the AXE unit as I presumed it would have worked with a user preset. I just have zero sound.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply I'll report back tomorrow I'm in the uk so it's late eve here.

Thanks again!

Scent from my ismell

Don't forget, Matrix is in the UK too, and we are more than happy to talk you through it, just get your self set up with the gear and phone our customer helpline, where John, our trained Guitar Elf will be more than happy to assist :) in 99% of cases its something simple. New cables you said ... you'd be surprised how many times it turns out to be duff new cables :)

our support line is : 0845 108 54 49

I'll PM you my mobile number as well, just in case.

Robin, thank you so much for your reply, I can't believe the great support from both the forum and matrix. Anyway I had another tinker with everything before i finished for the evening and here's what i learned.

Speakon cables need twisting once plugged!!!

What a total dufus!

It's all working, now the learning curve begins!

Thanks to all who responded so quickly.

Scent from my ismell

You'd be surprised how many times I've had no volume issue when about to soundcheck which results in mad rushing around and swapping cables and profusely swearing at things.....only to find I've neglected to turn the volume up on the Axe Fx. Happens to us all mate!

Yeah I've been there too! I've never used Speakon cables until last night so it's a steep curve!

Been going through a few presets, I've turned off power amp sim in global, is that correct?

Scent from my ismell

Yeah I've been there too! I've never used Speakon cables until last night so it's a steep curve!

Been going through a few presets, I've turned off power amp sim in global, is that correct?

Scent from my ismell

No. You want power amp sims on.

Yeah just realised that! Thank you I'll try to ask less stupid questions in the future!

Scent from my ismell

Back
Top Bottom