Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Alnico Silver Ultra Res Studio Modern

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Alnico Silver Ultra Res Studio Modern Null Mic Prox 2.5

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

jlynnb1

Axe-Master

Quick Test. Matchless DC30 into the Ownhammer 1x12 Alnico Silver. One is Ultra Res Studio Modern, one is the Ultra Res Studio Modern with Null Mic proximity set to 2.5 and the other is High Res Live Vintage. Comment and let me know what you think is best! Thanks for the listen!

My ears prefer 2 and 3 in this context. There's a more pleasing top-end quality to those. In a mix could be a different story.

Thanks for the listens and replies, guys. I agree, they all sound good (tone wise), just preference. I haven't bought CL yet so I've still been using high res. trying to see if I can bridge the gap until I purchase the app.

1st is High Res Live Vintage, 2nd is Ultra Res Studio Modern, 3rd is Ultra Res Studio Modern with null mic at 2.5 proximity

They all sound good. But I'm leaning towards the first one. You're right, gotta check these IRs out.

-Rob

the ultra res studio modern was included with ultra res samples with fw14 (i think it was 14). the first time i use the 1x12 ir's live the sound guy at a place I play weekly was like "dude, what did you change, i've never heard your rig sound more like an amp with the clean/crunchy tones...this after him raving about my tone on an almost weekly basis)

Back
Top Bottom