Matchbox Twenty on Letterman with a couple AxeFX-IIs

mmcm4

Inspired

Watched Letterman and saw these guys perform. I'm a big Matchbox Twenty fan so it's good to see them coming out with something new. It looks like the guitarist in the back is using an AxeFX-II and the one on right (stage left) has the full MFC-101 setup (see an earlier Mark Day post) with what looks like a strobe tuner mounted above the MFC-101.

Maybe we'll soon get some "professional" patches up on the exchange... :D

Spoke to a friend recently who did some crew work for a band called "Lifehouse" and they had 4 Axe IIs. 2 guitars, 1 bass and one spare. Everything FRFR, in ear monitor. Nice.

Nice performance and very clean stage setup. Clever arrangement for three guitarists too. Each playing exactly whats needed part and texture wise for a good pop/rock tune. Using three very different guitars - clean tight Fender, rocky SG and the choral Ricky..

I'm a big fan of Matchbox 20's debut album. Like, rabid fan.... still know every word to the entire album and perform some of them every single weekend fan... What I love about that video is they have an extra guy to fill in the textures and vocal harmonies, which are just insanely good. I guess when you sell that many records, you can say, "Let's just pay a guy to play a few of the parts that are missing. Oh, and I want a couple extra drums to do that part." The song is meh, but perfect performance.

Back
Top Bottom