Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack Updated for Cygnus X3 - May 2024 Update!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
When I install the AB Master layout nothing happens. I load it up in FC controller layouts but I dont get your Footswitches for FM3 only for CS2 ETC

When I install the AB Master layout nothing happens. I load it up in FC controller layouts but I dont get your Footswitches for FM3 only for CS2 ETC
Not sure I understand, but my layout mirrors the factory FC layout but adds a specific amp page for the CS controller plus a fee other tweaks to navigate to/from each layout page.

Just had something happen I thought I would mention just in case anyone else has the same problem. I accidentally put it on the AxeIII preset exchange forum first, but it occurred on the FM3.

The Hook 2A preset from Live Gold had a static sound in the background on all channels. More noticeable around the 7th to 9th fret on the middle strings. CPU is only around 60%, so that wasn't the issue. I finally shunted the amp block, then put a new one in and that seems to have solved it. Not sure if it was just my unit or if anyone else hears it too.
In the next update, I am going to disconnect the CS5 saturation and CS4 brite switch from a few amps like the Hook where having them attached may cause crackling on an Fm3, just to be safe.

Cygnus Live Gold Update:

Am "almost finished" with updating LiveGold Bank 2 presets for Cygnus AX3 firmware 16.02 and FM3 4.05 beta. Been through every preset.

Just need to re-level everything over next few days/nights. The first release Bank 1 was actually leveled a bit hot, so that will be re-leveled as well, and included in next update.

Definitely by June 19th will release Cygnus LiveGold Bank 2, if not sooner.

Will post here when it's ready and in your accounts download area.

A Cygnus- Updated Bank 3 (Metal/Modern amps) will be coming in/by early July.

Cheers!

Cygnus Live Gold Update:

Am "almost finished" with updating LiveGold Bank 2 presets for Cygnus AX3 firmware 16.02 and FM3 4.05 beta. Been through every preset.

Just need to re-level everything over next few days/nights. The first release Bank 1 was actually leveled a bit hot, so that will be re-leveled as well, and probably included in next update.

Definitely by June 19th will release Cygnus LiveGold Bank 2, if not sooner.

Will post here when it's ready and in your accounts download area.

A Cygnus- Updated Bank 3 (Metal/Modern amps) will be coming in/by early July.

Cheers!

AB - I have updated to both Cygnus and the new Gold pack - Everything is great except this one preset has "static" sound.
#34 JCM800 (w/GrnBacks) FM3 -c
It is unaltered from when I loaded it. Not sure if it is just me. All other amps are perfect that I have tried.
Thanks!
I am taking the CS5 Saturation and CS4 brite switch off that amp in that preset to help kill any crackle in next update.

Thanks austinbuddy! These sound great!
One tiny remark: the lead scenes in preset 123 High Delivernc60 Fryette FM3 -c are a bit soft. You might want to check the levels there.
Yes. It should by about -20db, somehow the knob went to -28db for the Scene 4/8 Lead scene. Great catch, fill be fixed in next update.

I was just playing with #24 "Jumped 1987x AX3 -c" in the "May2021-PartialUpdate-CygnusFirmware-Bank-1-Only" pack and the GEQ -> Out 3 path in the third row has no input to the GEQ.

Okay - both Cygnus-ready LiveGold TonePacks Bank 1 AND Bank 2 are now uploaded. Both Axe-Fx III and FM3 versions are there.

Read the update release notes!!!

These presets all end with "-c" -- so you know it is the Cygnus version, to avoid confusion with older preset versions in your unit.

The Axe-Fx III versions will say "AX3 -c," while the Fm3 versions will just be "-c"

I did these (saved them) under 16.02 firmware for Axe-Fx III and the 4.05 (beta) firmware for the FM3. So, if you load a bank and the presets look "empty/blank", that means you need to use a higher firmware for your unit to "see" them.

You should see the download in your accounts at www.austinbuddy.com, it will say something like "LATEST - JUNE 2021_ LIveGold_Banks 1+2" as the download file header.

I re-leveled the Bank 1 Marshalls, so use this version (write over the May 2021 Bank 1 version). The earlier May 2021 Cygnus Bank 1version was too hot and uneven, level wise - -now fixed.

Everything across both banks should be pretty level now, running in the -9db to -12db range on a DAW/digital console fader depending on what pickups and what strings you are playing on.

The final one left, Bank 3 (Modern/Metal amps) will be done for Cygnus by Mid-July if not before.

ENJOY THE TONES!

Okay - both Cygnus-ready LiveGold TonePacks Bank 1 AND Bank 2 are now uploaded. Both Axe-Fx III and FM3 versions are there.

These presets all end with "-c" -- so you know it is the Cygnus version, to avoid confusion with older preset versions in your unit.

The Axe-Fx III versions will say "AX3 -c," while the Fm3 versions will just be "-c"

I did these (saved them) under 16.02 firmware for Axe-Fx III and the 4.05 (beta) firmware for the FM3. So, if you load a bank and the presets look "empty/blank", that means you need to use a higher firmware for your unit to "see" them.

You should see the download in your accounts at www.austinbuddy.com, it will say something like "LATEST - JUNE 2021_ LIveGold_Banks 1+2" as the download file header.

I re-leveled the Bank 1 Marshalls, so use this version (write over the May 2021 Bank 1 version). The earlier May 2021 Cygnus Bank 1version was too hot and uneven, level wise - -now fixed.

Everything across both banks should be pretty level now, running in the -9db to -12db range on a DAW/digital console fader depending on what pickups and what strings you are playing on.

The final one left, Bank 3 (Modern/Metal amps) will be done for Cygnus by Mid-July if not before.

ENJOY THE TONES!

Buddy--Just curious--did you do anything new to the drive blocks in the FM3 version? Haven't looked closely yet but was wondering since the drive block just recently got on an equal footing with the AxeIII. Or were the effects blocks just identical in both versions always?

Buddy--Just curious--did you do anything new to the drive blocks in the FM3 version? Haven't looked closely yet but was wondering since the drive block just recently got on an equal footing with the AxeIII. Or were the effects blocks just identical in both versions always?
I didn’t touch them. The only one that may be tricky is the Timmy. Just raise the lo cut to 300hz if it is too bassy. These blocks are on the III ported to the FM3, not vice versa.

ENJOY THE TONES!

Thank you!!!

FW 16.1 coming this Friday ;)😅

Hey Austin,

THANK YOU for releasing Bank 2 and optimizing Bank 1 in terms of level and gain.
I am still so happy with my FM 3 and with purchasing your Goldpack as I get so much improvement from FAS and from you without paying anything extra for it.
This is so great and I really appreciate it :)

Does "reset all amp channels to ensure Cygnus compatibility" mean that you already did that?

Or is it a request for any user to do that? I think that you already did that but wanna be sure :)

I cannot wait to try Bank 2 this evening :cool:

Greatings from Germany and stay healthy :)

Last edited:
Do you use dual stereo Atomic CLR MKII when dialing these in? FF/BL/Floor?
Yes on CLRs, and also the expen$ive ATC 25 pro studio mixer monitors too for a lot. Those ATC's have greater bass (the Atomic Neo CLRs have a shelf that cuts off at 70Hz), that was helpful for some presets.

Basically, whoever I could, I tried to make the updated Cygnus tones from a gain and EQ perspective sound exactly like the ARES firmware 15 (or FM3 3.x) versions, using an A/B switch going between firmware 15 preset scene and updated Cygnus scene.

When I use presets with my Gemini II Mission 2x12, I still use a PEQ last in chain to shelf off lows and highs and boost mids. That speaker is not coaxial, it has a tweeter/ crossover, and so for each FRFR type out there you have to sort of "tune" to how it likes to work.

About 10% of the time I adjusted stuff so it may not be the same as LIveGold firmware 15 sound, due to new amp models (Freidman's for example, to the AC 30W brite which totally changed to my ears, or the Deluxe/Jumpered Tweeds) or Cygnus changing something, but for the most part the gain/EQ of roughly 90% the tones are VERY close or exact to what everyone had under firmware 15.

Did re-level Bank 1, it was too hot in last version I did in May. I mention this because sometimes people mistake a volume differential for a tone differential. Level does NOT affect the underlying tone. If there is a preset in Cygnus you think does not sound the same, try raising the level a db or two and see what happens coming out your speakers. The tone is the same, it's just how loud you hear it. I matched fader signal levels exactly on my UAudio console between firmware 15 and 16 preset to avoid that too-common mistake.

BTW, after doing the A/B tests, I still like ARES firmware 15 for a few amps as much as Cygnus - firmware 15 seems to have more uncompressed mids and is "edgier" than Cygnus, and I will stay on firmware 15 presets for my Aerosmith cover band gig, they sound killer. Some amps like the Bogner Ecstasy Vintage sound noticeably better in Cygnus, while others, like the BlackFace Super, I still prefer firmware 15 sound better. Oh well!

Yes on CLRs, and also the expen$ive ATC 25 pro studio mixer monitors too for a lot. Those ATC's have greater bass (the Atomic Neo CLRs have a shelf that cuts off at 70Hz), that was helpful for some presets.

Basically, whoever I could, I tried to make the updated Cygnus tones from a gain and EQ perspective sound exactly like the ARES firmware 15 (or FM3 3.x) versions, using an A/B switch going between firmware 15 preset scene and updated Cygnus scene.

When I use presets with my Gemini II Mission 2x12, I still use a PEQ last in chain to shelf off lows and highs and boost mids. That speaker is not coaxial, it has a tweeter/ crossover, and so for each FRFR type out there you have to sort of "tune" to how it likes to work.

About 10% of the time I adjusted stuff so it may not be the same as LIveGold firmware 15 sound, due to new amp models (Freidman's for example, to the AC 30W brite which totally changed to my ears, or the Deluxe/Jumpered Tweeds) or Cygnus changing something, but for the most part the gain/EQ of roughly 90% the tones are VERY close or exact to what everyone had under firmware 15.

Did re-level Bank 1, it was too hot in last version I did in May. I mention this because sometimes people mistake a volume differential for a tone differential. Level does NOT affect the underlying tone. If there is a preset in Cygnus you think does not sound the same, try raising the level a db or two and see what happens coming out your speakers. The tone is the same, it's just how loud you hear it. I matched fader signal levels exactly on my UAudio console between firmware 15 and 16 preset to avoid that too-common mistake.

BTW, after doing the A/B tests, I still like ARES firmware 15 for a few amps as much as Cygnus - firmware 15 seems to have more uncompressed mids and is "edgier" than Cygnus, and I will stay on firmware 15 presets for my Aerosmith cover band gig, they sound killer. Some amps like the Bogner Ecstasy Vintage sound noticeably better in Cygnus, while others, like the BlackFace Super, I still prefer firmware 15 sound better. Oh well!
Interesting. Do I gather you're giving up on getting Cygnus to match Ares on those last few m

Back
Top Bottom