Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack Updated for Cygnus X3 - May 2024 Update!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Sure, makes sense. I've never charged for an update so far in almost four years of TonePacks, and won't for the Cygnus update, but always reserve the right to in future.
Hey Austin, I use the OMG9 layout, is it possible to set CS2 as an effects slot at all? Or no because it's not assigned to an effects block. Plan to use scene controllers anyway but worth an ask. Thanks

Hey Austin, I use the OMG9 layout, is it possible to set CS2 as an effects slot at all? Or no because it's not assigned to an effects block. Plan to use scene controllers anyway but worth an ask. Thanks
Not sure I understand the question. “Set CS2 as an effects slot” - what do you mean by that?

you can set CS2 to control other things but it is tied to Amp Boost in LiveGold and some amps really shine their best when it is engaged.

Not sure I understand the question. “Set CS2 as an effects slot” - what do you mean by that?

you can set CS2 to control other things but it is tied to Amp Boost in LiveGold and some amps really shine their best when it is engaged.
With the OMG9 layout, is it possible to hit my Effects button and then have the CS2 Amp Boost be available in my effects options? that's what im getting at lol

With the OMG9 layout, is it possible to hit my Effects button and then have the CS2 Amp Boost be available in my effects options? that's what im getting at lol
Sure. Why don’t you go to the AMP BOOST page using editor, and you can “copy” the Amp Boost CS2 and then “paste it” on your effects page if you have an open slot... right click over the CS2 Amp switch should let you COPY (edited, fixed).

you can also paste into the right side of a switch to make it a “HOLD” button CS2 access switch if you want to access it that way — hope that makes sense?

That is the beauty of the FC-6 and FC-12 — you can move stuff around inside of pages by dragging, or across pages by Cutting and pasting.

Last edited:
Sure. Why don’t you go to the AMP BOOST page using editor, and you can “copy” the Amp Boost CS2 and then “paste it” on your effects page if you have an open slot... right click over the CS2 Amp switch should let you CUT

you can also paste into the right side of a switch to make it a “HOLD” button CS2 access switch if you want to access it that way — hope that makes sense?

That is the beauty of the FC-6 and FC-12 — you can move stuff around inside of pages by dragging, or across pages by Cutting and pasting.
Where exactly am I going to copy it? It's not letting me right click and CUT from anywhere in the amp block or controllers page. Also, is the effects page on OMG9 only able to show the effects in the specific preset? Or can I just put a group of general effects I want readily available there?

I tried the Dweezils Bassguy yesterday on cygnus. I copied the amp settings then reset the amp channel before copying them back. I only adjust a bit of mid and table and then added some Speaker Dynamics at about 2.5

One of those "holy shitballs" moments

I tried the Dweezils Bassguy yesterday on cygnus. I copied the amp settings then reset the amp channel before copying them back. I only adjust a bit of mid and table and then added some Speaker Dynamics at about 2.5

One of those "holy shitballs" moments
It is a great amp. I stuck to the authentic controls for it. Check that page out. There is no BMT on the real one, just a presence control. Match it with greenbacks but try different speakers too. Really cool and killer amp!

Where exactly am I going to copy it? It's not letting me right click and CUT from anywhere in the amp block or controllers page. Also, is the effects page on OMG9 only able to show the effects in the specific preset? Or can I just put a group of general effects I want readily available there?
I am away from the machine but there is an easy way to copy a footswitch’s settings and then paste them into another. In fact, it may be labeled above each switch if I recall correctly inside the editor. I am not Fractal Support Tech guy but they can tell you directly I am sure. If I gave time I'll post a screen shot or video this weekend here.

Last edited:
I am away from the machine but there is an easy way to copy a footswitch’s settings and then paste them into another. In fact, it may be labeled above each switch if I recall correctly inside the editor. I am not Fractal Support Tech guy but they can tell you directly I am sure. If I gave time I'll post a screen shot or video this weekend here.

The Copy & Paste switches are right there. In the first screen shot, over Amp Boost CS2 (layout page 7), just click COPY. You will see the COPY foot switch button at the bottom (under the buttons) where you program what you want a button to to do.

In the second screen shot, this is of an EFX Page. Click the button on where you want the Amp Boost to be copied to, and now hit the PASTE button for either TAP postion or for HOLD position - either one works. It will overwrite what is there already when you do this.

You can also click and drag buttons around to order them any way you like inside a page layout. Pretty cool!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 7.41.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 7.41.17 PM.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 7.41.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 7.41.51 PM.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 11
Hi Austin found these a bit underwhelming probably because I am using headphones with an headphone amp - not speakers at the moment - I have them but not hooked up - is your Led Zeppelin package the same way for live use ? I've reverted back to factory presets

Maybe theres something I am missing a few adjustments to give them a big sound - factory ones sound big- thanks Pal

Hi Austin found these a bit underwhelming probably because I am using headphones with an headphone amp - not speakers at the moment - I have them but not hooked up - is your Led Zeppelin package the same way for live use ? I've reverted back to factory presets

Maybe theres something I am missing a few adjustments to give them a big sound - factory ones sound big- thanks Pal
Email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com for support. If you think the Factory presets sound hugely better than these, then something is likely wrong/off in installation or hardware settings on your end.

Best to do by email because I have a bunch of diagnostic questions and going back and forth here impinges on others following the thread for updates and the like. Thanks!

Hey Mr. Austin Buddy,
Will will need to purchase a new set of naked amps for Cygnus, or will we be able to use our upgrade/update if we haven't used it previously, when the time comes?

Hey Mr. Austin Buddy,
Will will need to purchase a new set of naked amps for Cygnus, or will we be able to use our upgrade/update if we haven't used it previously, when the time comes?
Everyone gets the Cygnus upgrade as part of the current version.

It’s just going to take awhile and I am not starting the real work until the Cygnus release is both Public and Non-Beta (downloadable from Fractal website, not Forum). First I will release Bank A Marshalls into accounts as a “partial Cygnus update” then the rest of the banks when completed. Will keep ya’ll posted here.

Back
Top Bottom