Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack Updated for Cygnus X3 - May 2024 Update!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi everyone. Hope you have been enjoying the bank 1 and 2 updates of LiveGold May 2024!

As the release notes said, I did update every preset in bank 1 and bank 2.

In Bank 3 (Modern/metal), I did SAVE them in Cygnus X3 firmware 25 so that the new firmware was in each, plus now has the gapless switching, but I had not gone through them individually all to check and re-level yet. That's why bank 3 presets names end with suffix - CX3p (p="pending"

Life intervened, and I have been out of pocket many weeks on family matters, and will be this week as well. Next week (starting July 2) I start the LiveGold Bank 3 updates for CX3, anticipated completion by mid-July.

This morning I had time to quickly scan/run through Bank 3 presets (not every scene, but just about every amp).

While the majority still sound good/great, some amp model presets are not as designed (feb. 2023 to May 2024) under the new CX3 firmware and will need me to fix them.

So I'm making a quick list. If you run across these amp presets on Bank 3 of LiveGold, be aware I know they need updating. If I missed something in bank 3 not listed below you come across that needs a fix for firmware 25+, message me via forum.

Main find -- Do not play the JP II C+ Green Clean presets/scenes - it's now 20db too loud (!) under new firmware compared to 14 months ago when I last updated. You can fix it yourself by lowering level down to -21 or so and adjusting the master to under 5.

Another amp that got louder than I originally had it set is the Texas Lonestar - lower the level to taste.

Some amps sound too dark to me now. The ENGL is one example I'll fix next month. Diezel Blue maybe.

Other amps to touch up include the EVH 5150s (but some are okay/still great), the FAS6160 (something happened there, too trebly and no bottom end).

I need to get Mark Holcomb over to my studio and we'll update/fix his 5150 Block presets with his guitar.

The level volumes are off for Uberschall, some of the Rectos (but not all - Orange is not right though/level off too), and some Triaxis presets (but not all).

Plus the FAS Skullcrusher and Modern FAS I II and III need to be re-touched and tweaked.

Just a little guide to stuff that's not where it should be after firmware update for Bank 3 of LiveGold (CX3"p"). All this will be moot in a few weeks.
Looking forward to it. You should see if Mark will let you have his latest live preset he demoed on his rig rundown…or at least make something very similar.

Back
Top Bottom