Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Question: After updating to the 3.0 (and loading in the new banks from the June / July release), are we supposed to still do the preset reset operation in the setup?

Thanks!

Question: After updating to the 3.0 (and loading in the new banks from the June / July release), are we supposed to still do the preset reset operation in the setup?

Thanks!
Drew - I have not yet fixed the stuff in the amps listed in post above yours as I am waiting on the FM3 firmware to catch up and I do all three units at same time. But you can use latest firmware either with old SiC settings or new - just know the amps listed above (mostly in Bank 2 of Live Gold) will be just a little off from my intended sound until next updated - but most will still sound great anyway. These little speaker curve adjustments are mostly to get lo end right, or add a little more hi end.

Drew - I have not yet fixed the stuff in the amps listed in post above yours as I am waiting on the FM3 firmware to catch up and I do all three units at same time. But you can use latest firmware either with old SiC settings or new - just know the amps listed above (mostly in Bank 2 of Live Gold) will be just a little off from my intended sound until next updated - but most will still sound great anyway. These little speaker curve adjustments are mostly to get lo end right, or add a little more hi end.
Perfect thanks Austin.

All these presets sound amazing on my Les Paul without any modifications whatsoever. However, if I use one of my MusicMan Luke 3's the gain is higher (active Dimarzio Transitions) and its super spikey. The MusicMan is really trebly - I have 4 of them and they are all the same.

To adjust them for the MusicMan Luke (which is my main gigging guitar) I found adding 2dB of gain to the bass and subtracting 3dB of Mid and Treble gets them sounding right. also taking 0.5dB of gain helps.

@austinbuddy have you tested these with active pickups at all and if so, did you find the same results as me or is it just the MusicMan Luke 3 pickups being super spikey ? It's no problem, I was just wondering thats all or if anyone else using active pickups has the same experience ?

Thanks

On any of my guitars where this "trebly" happens (aside from the medium output humbuckers SG I dial everything in with), I just turn the treble tone control down some to tame it myself. I don't think there is any "universal" adjustment - it will depend on how you play, string gauges (thick or thin), and pickups snd playback system. But the presets get you into the ballpark for you to do the final mile yourself for your own preferred gear! :)

On any of my guitars where this "trebly" happens (aside from the medium output humbuckers SG I dial everything in with), I just turn the treble tone control down some to tame it myself. I don't think there is any "universal" adjustment - it will depend on how you play, string gauges (thick or thin), and pickups snd playback system. But the presets get you into the ballpark for you to do the final mile yourself for your own preferred gear! :)
What, you don’t pre-adjust for every guitar, the strings, pickups, guitar cord, pick, picking style, atmospheric conditions and personal taste?

Huh. :)

What, you don’t pre-adjust for every guitar, the strings, pickups, guitar cord, pick, picking style, atmospheric conditions and personal taste?

Huh. :)

I was asking more generically, like active pickups vs passives. In the case of the actives I was wondering if Austin buddy had similar experiences and if there was a recommendation.

Another note… am working on a minor update to LiveGold for latest firmwares. Most things work fine though now. I will post more about this soon. Need the FM3 firmware to catch up with the FM9/III before I can release a partial (Bank 1 Marshalls) in zip file for all three units.

A few things to expect when I get this out (FM3 dependent):

The AFDS had a new speaker curve that strayed from what I preferred, so switched it back to Brit 800.

The JM1 preamps now map to GEQ (not tone knobs).

Was not happy with the IR used on Friedman BE/HBE or the Captain Hook. Found better ones. Happier.

Dialed in the speaker drive, comp, and thump I like for every amp/scene.

Because I played these all live/LOUD — through one CLR (L) and one Red Sound (R) (like mixing them together a lot!), I changed the input EQ on a lot of amps to tighten up the bottom end (and sometimes lo cut in Cab block). You’ll like what I did there.

My ears are a bit sizzled too after doing 400 scenes in two weeks.

I also dialed back the EQ some presets that sounded to trebly live and loud.

The whole three bank Live Gold won’t be ready until sometime in November probably. Concurrently am also working on a new product , a 1000+ FX Warehouse block library TonePack at same time, which helps me rest my ears (that one is through studio monitors). Cheers all!

Another note… am working on a minor update to LiveGold for latest firmwares. Most things work fine though now. I will post more about this soon. Need the FM3 firmware to catch up with the FM9/III before I can release a partial (Bank 1 Marshalls) in zip file for all three units.

The AFDS had a new speaker curve that strayed from what I preferred, so switched it back to Brit 800.

Was not happy with the IR used on Friedman BE/HBE or the Captain Hook. Found better ones. Happier.

Because I played these all live/LOUD — through one CLR (L) and one Red Sound (R) (like mixing them together a lot!), I changed the input EQ on a lot of amps to tighten up the bottom end (and sometimes lo cut in Cab block). You’ll like what I did there.

The whole three bank Live Gold won’t be ready until sometime in November probably. Concurrently am also working on a new product , a 1000+ FX Warehouse block library TonePack at same time, which helps me rest my ears (that one is through studio monitors). Cheers all!
I can not imagine how tedious this must get, but the results are really, really, good.

Thank you! 👍🏼

Good to know that your next pack is tweaked for studio monitors.

Thank you! 👍🏼

Good to know that your next pack is tweaked for studio monitors.
Yes - Effects (blocks) will be created/tested/saved using my studio monitors. I'll have a few presets I try them on in my live rig, but mostly they will be created or tested on the ATC25 studio monitors, not loud on the FRFR CLRs or Red Sound like I am doing now with LiveGold.

Hi Gang:

I've been working on a fall update for LiveGold, for the new speaker impedance curve stuff in firmware 20.04. Fixing some other stuff, putting the KLON in for the old FET channel B drive, re-leveling some presets that were too hot, etc. Mark Holcomb of Periphery came over and we updated his 5150 prog. metal presets in Bank 3 last weekend.

Don't worry, most of your presets under June-July 2022 version still work fine, but some need to fine tuning/work in 20.04

I'm now 98% done with updated LiveGold Banks 1 and 3 for the Axe-FX III (and thus portable to the FM9 for that version as well).

The FM3 has not caught up yet firmware-wise so that won't be ready until the Fractal firmware catches up to it.

You guys want to wait until Bank 2 is done later in late October and get it all at once --or you want me to post Bank 1 and 3 soon as a "partial update" - sometime next weekend?

(I think I know the answer already.... ;))

Hi Gang:

I've been working on a fall update for LiveGold, for the new speaker impedance curve stuff in firmware 20.04. Fixing some other stuff, putting the KLON in for the old FET channel B drive, re-leveling some presets that were too hot, etc. Mark Holcomb of Periphery came over and we updated his 5150 prog. metal presets in Bank 3 last weekend.

Don't worry, most of your presets under June-July 2022 version still work fine, but some need to fine tuning/work in 20.04

I'm now 98% done with updated LiveGold Banks 1 and 3 for the Axe-FX III (and thus portable to the FM9 for that version as well).

The FM3 has not caught up yet firmware-wise so that won't be ready until the Fractal firmware catches up to it.

You guys want to wait until Bank 2 is done later in late October and get it all at once --or you want me to post Bank 1 and 3 soon as a "partial update" - sometime next weekend?

(I think I know the answer already.... ;))
Please make available banks 1 and 3 so we can enjoy them this weekend. Looking forward to jamming with them! Can't wait, lol. Thank you so much for all that you do for Fractal community.

Back
Top Bottom