Massive Volume Drop

Just grab a decent monitor controller that has multiple inputs and outputs (you can have more than 1 set of monitors, too).

I found a Drawmer MC2.1 for like 450 USD a few years ago (used of course). Best thing I ever did in my studio.

I have a nice console (Neotek Elan II highly modded), and 3 sets of monitors, plus 2 different Converters. The Axe FX3 and the Antelope Orion 32, with a Burl B2 a/d connected via SPDIF to that, connected via an SSL MADI Pcie card to my computer.

The monitor out has 2 headphone outs with a decent preamp built in, plus has 4 inputs and setup for 3 sets of monitors and an out for a sub.

The Coleman is top of the line, and not cheap. The Drawmer and the Heritage Audio can both be found used for great prices that don't break the bank and don't mess with your audio.

Just my 2 cents.

I’ve been looking at the Tascam LM-8ST for the line mixer solution. Stereo mixes for the Axe, interface, and game systems, hopefully sometime this summer I’ll get a chance to get one and integrate it in my system. Doing it that way I can still run my Axe and music through the interface to jam along to for fun

Back
Top Bottom