Marty Friedman Boasts About His Ultra ...

Tom King

Experienced
in the latest issue of Japan's Sound Designer magazine.

Marty has been using his Ultra for both amps and effects on tons of stuff both in the studio and live. It's all over his new album. He didn't get the unit until the middle of the recording process but ended up re-recording a bunch of tracks with his new "magic box". He said the Axe-Fx "simply sounded better" and inspired him as he finished the process.

More on Marty and his Ultra later.

Anyone want to translate? :shock: :mrgreen:

-TK

Attachments

• Marty Friedman1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2,101
Marty is a kabuki warrior! It's always freaked me out how he holds his pick and his picking style... very weird... it's like his retarded hand. But what do I know, that retarded hand plays miles above what I've ever played! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secret80'sMan said:
Tom, Time to get a dealer in Japan to sell the Axe-Fx!
I think he said they already have one...

FractalAudio said:
...The units we sell into Japan are no different than the ones we sell domestically. Intertune is the distributor in Japan...

visualrocker69 said:
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I agree with most of that, but the part about Madonna eating humans is just wrong :shock:

visualrocker69 said:
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????

visualrocker69 said:
What did you call my momma? :x

InsideOut said:
To summarize, it says... Me like AxeFx. AxeFx been bety bety gooood to me :D

ROFL, that killed me :mrgreen:

I thought it was funny he referred to it as his "magic box" That's what all the folks in my band call my Ultra as well.

xrist04 said:
visualrocker69 said:

????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? heehee ^^;;
?????????????????????

Nice. It is in deed a magic box.
Oh and Paul G knows about it Andy T knows about and Stevie V knows about the magic box that doesn't mean that they're into but they know. I like all of us spread the word about the ultrafied box tone as much as I can.
:)

Larry Mitchell said:
Nice. It is in deed a magic box.
Oh and Paul G knows about it Andy T knows about and Stevie V knows about the magic box that doesn't mean that they're into but they know. I like all of us spread the word about the ultrafied box tone as much as I can.
:)

Name dropper! ;)

Good work Larry whether they digg it or not it's good to spread the word :)

Back
Top Bottom