Marshall Plexi: AC/DC Angus Young sound with AXE FX III

TheRedDevil

Experienced
Attached you can find my current AC/DC Angus Young preset scenes based on different Marshall Plexis and Dyna-Cabs I used based on new Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.02b1.

To change the gain level please use VolPan ("treble" gain) and Comp Output ("mid" gain) volume level. It emulates the Solodallas Schaffer Replica (Input/Output Level) or the possible influcence of other wirless systems used by Angus. In past I had good results with the real Schaffer+1987x/MV30s/GBs/THDHotPlate with Input Level 10 o'clock and Output Level 12 o'clock.

Also have a look at my AC/DC Live at Donington preset:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...e-at-donington-1991-sound-with-axe-fx.199104/

Please give me your feedback and if possible your optimized preset.

Remarks: I use Gibson/Rocktile/J&D SGs incl. Gibson 57 Classic or Gibson 57 Classic Plus PUs for the test, Volume 8 until 10 (solo). Input 1 Level in I/O settings on 15%. Treble PU on normal until highest height, try pole piece screwes head nearly complete outside of the PU on some SG. I/O Input 1 Gain 1, max 1,5. Rhythm PU a bit outsite the frame/pickguard, not too much, it influences the treble sound. I play on bedroom volume level. Don't forget your cable: I use Sommer Cable SC Spirit LLX with 1M Input 1 Impedance (together that is bright), but also try 230K to reduce brightness!
My rig: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/post-your-axe-fx-iii-rigs-here.136754/post-2475487 my EQs for F12/F12M speakers https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...on-1991-sound-with-axe-fx.199104/post-2478670

Current status of preset I (refer to attachment):
v0.2: Included new JCM800 2203 w/o BrightSwitch w/ HighCut
v0.3: Included new JCM800 2004&2203 w/ BrightSwitch w/o HighCut but 230K Input1 Impedance (Sommer Cables were not available in these years)
v0.4: Switched back to Dyna-Cabs, check CAB-Channel A,B,C and removed Amp-Bypass-Thru mistake, changed Reverb to Large Hall
v0.5 Added Ribbon mic

Current status of preset Feedback Test3 (refer to attachment):
v01 Preset I incl. feedback feature (FC1 Pedal1)
v0.2 Added Ribbon mic

Current status of preset II (refer to attachment):
v0.1 Additional amps
v0.2 Added Ribbon mic

Attachments

• v0.5 ACDC Angus I Dyna TRD.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Feedback Test3 v0.2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 74
  • v0.2 ACDC Angus II Dyna TRD.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Can you post the version you used before you switched to the Sommer cables?

But I used non FAS IRs in the old versions I can not provide. Just change the impedance in IN if you want to. I always used Sommer cables but AC/DC in the early years not. That's why I changed it for the 2203/2204 which are too bright.

Last edited:
The Donington preset works. I think the "out 4" is the problem. FM9 only has 3 outputs. That would bi great if you can export it again without out 4. I have a solodallas storm and will loop it in to compare the tone.

I play on bedroom level

My rig and bedroom volume global EQs for the F12/F12M cab I use

but harsh sounds like AC/DC I would say. I lowered the 57 classic (plus) in the meantime because it it was too much but it depends on the guitars.

Don't forget the input settings I recommend in the first post and the dyna-cab, just move the mic a bit outside.

I tried to get the same sound from my cab like from my studio monitors. I use both together, the studio monitors for details and the cab for subwoofer/3-way speaker concept/cab in the room feeling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom