Marshall / Marsha HBE Patches

Hi Simeon, Giacomo, Axisman 5150,

Thank you very much for your replies and patches.
I will try them tomorow as soon as possible, I am very happy for the time you take to answer me.
I go to sleep now because it's late, but I tell you how it works for me.

Cheers.

Fred.

Marshall bass behaviour

Hi Everybody,

I spent a lot of time this afternoon to tweak and followed your recommendations.
The settings showed by Tone Merchants and Dave Friedman (You Tube video) were very usefull for me, I tweaked my preset in that way and obtained fine results.
The drastic improvement I get was to move low cut to 500 Hz.
I read on Axe-Wiki the threads about IR-Cabs.
Thanks to Axisman 5150 and Giacomo.
I downloaded the patches from Simeon into my Ultra, the patches were not exactly close to my wishes, but thanks to you Simeon for the work !
I made a new JCM-800 patch and I am now searching the way to post it on this thread.
Another question :In case I would like to download an IR-Cab in my Ultra, I notice that all the 10 slots (user cab ) in the Ultra are full (occuped), so what's happend if I pick a new IR-Cab and drag it via Axe Manager into one of these occuped slots, will I loose on this slot the old IR-Cab ? and what will be the results on the other patches involved by the old IR-Cab, they will be modified ?
I thought there were some place to add new IR-Cab users.
On that point, I would like to have your help.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers.

Fred.

Attachments

• JCM 800 tweaked(2).syx
    2 KB · Views: 70
i tried your patch and i can see why you didn't like mine, as yours is very different. through my speakers, there's virtually no bottom end at all and it sounds very thin and flat. what speakers are you playing through?

Marshall bass behaviour

Hi Simeon,

The sound is a very complex adventure...
I play with FRFR Verves 12 ma (12'' loudspeakers) with my Jeff Beck single coil Statocaster (hot noiseless Fender pickups)
The sounds I love are Jeff Beck sound and Ritchie blackmore's one when he plays Smoke on the Water, that's why I like sharp bass like razor, the total opposite to muddy.
The PEQ on the patch is used to filter the too much high ends and boomy bass we can hear with FRFR.
You can bypass this PEQ with normal loudspeakers.
What do you use for guitar and loudspeakers ?

Cheers.

Fred.

i use atomics live and tannoy reveals in the studio, but that doesn't matter really. i was just surprised by your patch, that's all. but you did your own thing and if you're happy with it, then that's cool.

Back
Top Bottom